£18,000 - £20,000 p/a depending on experience
Full-Time for 12 months with potential for extension
Closing date: 12 March 2018, 12 noon
About the Company
Matthew Algie is a coffee roaster based in the south side of Glasgow, supplying coffee, machines and training to a wide range of operators across the UK and Ireland. With customers ranging from small independent coffee bars - to major brands such as M&S Café, we have a broad and varied marketing remit. As part of an exciting growth strategy, 2018 will see the relaunch of our two trade websites (matthewalgie.com and espressowarehouse.com), as well as the introduction of a new consumer brand and web shop. This is an excellent opportunity to join a growing organisation within a dynamic industry and to contribute to its success through upscaled digital marketing initiatives.
As digital marketing intern you will be reporting directly to the Brand and Communications Manager. You will also be working with members of marketing, training, and our sales teams to support the rollout of an intensive digital marketing plan across all our brands in 2018 with the ultimate aim of hitting direct (e-commerce) and indirect (digitally generated offline sales) targets.
The key responsibilities of the role are:
• Social media and email marketing review and gap analysis vs best practice (within the context of wider strategy) and ensuring ideal leverage of email automation opportunities, for example with incomplete purchases etc.
• co-creation of company social media and email policy & strategy
• Joint-development of brand-specific marketing, email, and social media plans, and KPIS (including sales conversion growth)
• Ensuring most effective tools in place to support plans
• Day to day implementation of emails, social media content creation, and handling responses
• Assistance in maintaining website content up to date
• Ongoing review, analysis, and refinement of social media and e-mail marketing and planning
• Segmented and customised email implementation (GDPR & Policy compliant)
• Developing and supporting SEO agency with on-page keyword content, articles, and initiatives
• Assist the agency with digital PR development and grow digital presence
• To carry out other duties as necessary or as specified by the Brand & Communications Manager, Marketing Director, or Chief Executive
The ideal candidate will be educated to a degree level in marketing, digital marketing, or similar field. Candidates with others degrees are accepted, but it is essential that you have experience and can demonstrate competence in key social media platforms, management tools, and analytics.
You should be passionate about digital marketing and social media, and it would be a great plus if you have an interest in coffee, gastronomy, or food service.
The following skills are desirable:
• Demonstrable experience with digital content creation, management, and copywriting
• Familiarity using email as a marketing tool
• Experience in basic image editing, graphic design, and/or photography
• An eye for detail – both technically and aesthetically
• Confident and comfortable working independently or as part of a team
• Hold a positive and proactive attitude that embraces a challenge
• Confident user of all key social media platforms and management tools including Instagram, Facebook, Facebook Business Manager, Twitter, and Linked-In
• Able to analyse data and use this to provide recommendations and actions
• Sound commercial understanding and evaluation skills
• Able to multi-task and work to multiple deadlines
• Embracing continual learning and professional development
Closing date for applications is 12 March 2018, 12 noon.
Please submit a CV and covering letter through the Adopt An Intern online application form on our website. All applications must be submitted by 12 noon on the closing date. State A) your availability and B) relevant information on your skills/experience pertaining to the job specifications. We do NOT accept email applications unless otherwise stated.
Successful candidates must, by the start of the employment, have permission to work in the UK.