£9.00 per hour
Full-time for one month initially*
Closing date: 9 September 2019, 12 noon
Looking for a short-term creative marketing project with an established luxury brand? This is an opportunity to play an important role in the launch of a new product within a well-respected small business.
- The AAI team
About the Company
"Established in 2008, The Edinburgh Address specialises in helping its customers find and enjoy handpicked Scottish holiday homes and unique stays. The company prides itself on its ability to source a wide range of fantastic Scottish homes, from those with breath-taking interiors to properties with stunning views and locations.
As well as providing access to these through the online platform, the Edinburgh-based team help customers make their holiday stay special by organising unique extras, and sharing local tips and suggestions to bring out the best in a Scottish holiday."
You can see this in action on their website.
An exciting opportunity has arisen for a self-motivated, creative and enthusiastic individual to undertake a month-long internship with The Edinburgh Address.
A dynamic forward-thinking small business, the company has recently procured ‘Bonnie’, a luxury campervan, and the team's marketing Executive and Company Director require assistance in promoting her. She nestles nicely within part of the fast-growing Adventure Tourism scene, promoting Scotland as a destination and of course a unique form of accommodation. This internship involves taking part in the research and development of her website launch and content, including blogs and social media. It will also involve assisting in establishing routes and itineraries for guests.
There will also be the opportunity to assist in the day to day activities promoting the company's luxury portfolio of self-catering properties throughout Scotland. Assisting in the curation of Guest Experiences and Itineraries for example.
This opportunity provides the right person with the chance to play an important role in the launch of a new product within a well-respected small business.
A genuine passion for Tourism and a dash of entrepreneurial or business spirit would be highly desirable.
The main responsibilities of the post will be:
• Assisting the Marketing Executive to undertake keyword research for the website content
• Managing multiple social media channels, ensuring content is relevant, on-brand and story and up to date and that messages are responded to in a timely manner
• Maintaining and developing the company’s web blog, both ‘Bonnie’ and ‘The Edinburgh Address’
• Potentially assisting with the development of Google Adwords including Google shopping, adverts and retargeting
• Identifying and building relationships with partner businesses including reviewers and bloggers
• Link Building
• Development and maintenance of third-party platforms used to advertise Bonnie/TEA apartments
• Assisting in the Implementation of the email marketing plan, designing banners and newsletters
• Assisting in the production of marketing materials
• Development and maintenance of the photo library
• Taking photographs for Social Media Purposes and/or blogs
• Assisting in other marketing duties when and as required
*Hours: Monday to Friday 9-5 but there is the possibility of flexibility to fit in with other things and therefore to do less hours per week for more weeks.
This role would suit someone with a real willingness to grow and learn in the post. The ideal candidate would come from a Marketing or Business background and have an interest in Scottish Tourism.
• Experience of web admin systems
• Knowledge of business social media platforms
• Experienced in web analytics tools such as Google Analytics and Webmaster Tools
• Self-motivated, proactive and willing to take on new challenges
• Excellent copywriting and proofreading skills
• Excellent verbal and written communication skills
• Knowledge of word press and email marketing software e.g Mailchimp
• Experience and knowledge of image production and use for digital
• IT and database literate
• Proficient in Photoshop/Indesign
• Team player, with the ability to work well with others in a small, highly effective team
• Confidence in and ability to deal with people at all level
• Outgoing and positive character
• Approachable and open to hearing others ideas and work
If you have any questions about this role or the organisation please contact email@example.com. Please do not under any circumstances contact the employer directly as doing so may negatively impact your employment opportunity.
Closing date for applications is 9 September 2019, 12 noon.
Please submit a CV and tailored Cover Letter through the Adopt An Intern online application form by clicking “Apply” on our website. Examples of what we like to see in a cover letter can be found HERE. All applications must be submitted by 12 noon on the closing date. In your Cover Letter, please state: A) your availability and B) relevant information on your skills/experience pertaining to the job specifications.
We do NOT accept email applications unless otherwise stated.
Successful candidates must, by the start of the employment, have permission to work in the UK.