Location: Leith, Edinburgh
£9.00 per hour
35 hours per week - Initial 3 month contract
Start date: January 2019
Closing date: 3 January 2019, 12 noon
This is a Scottish Government funded project aimed at supporting the development of inclusive practice in recruitment and employment of women from black and ethnic minority communities across the country. This vacancy is an important part of the Diversity Works project, as it will demonstrate the journey of women participating in it through the recruitment process from start to finish.
About the Company
Hey Girls is a dynamic Scottish Social Enterprise that wholesales and retails period products, lobbies to eradicate Period Poverty, and aims to make menstrual products available to girls and women in the UK no matter what their personal circumstances.
As you know, Period Poverty is affecting millions of girls and women in the UK every year. Many do not have sufficient access to period products, menstrual knowledge or resources to have a safe, dignified and clean period. Hey Girls are changing this through their innovative and sustainable Buy One Give One solution.
Hey Girls sells sustainable sanitary products, pads, tampons, cups, and reusable pads online and in stores. They also supply schools and councils through public sector contracts. As a result of their sales, they offer pad donations UK wide, offer educational workshops and train-the-trainer sessions to support schools, women's groups and support organisations to ensure their service users and students have healthier, happier and more affordable periods.
Currently, Hey Girls are at a very exciting stage in their development with three big activations that have just begun:
• They supply a large numbers of schools across Scotland with menstrual products
• They deliver educational workshops across schools and support organisations across Scotland
• They are about to match their super market sales with product donations across the UK
This is where you come in!
At Hey Girls, they’re committed to tackling period poverty though product sales. So for every box of period products they sell, they give a box to a girl or woman in need in the UK. This applies to their supermarket sales in Asda and Waitrose too – right now they’re getting ready to send out matched donations to partners in communities right across the UK, and they need a superstar to help make it happen.
Based in Leith near Edinburgh city centre, Hey Girls are looking for an individual who is great at social media. You will also know your way around an excel spreadsheet, be highly organised, super confident at chatting with their UK wide donations partners on the phone, totally unflappable and ready to get stuck in. Most importantly, you will be committed to the Hey Girls mission and ready to help make a real Social Impact.
Reporting to Hey Girls founder and CEO, Celia Hodson, your Key Tasks and Responsibilities will be:
• Managing the network of partners that receive Hey Girls product donations:
• Evaluating donation requests and sending application packs
• Assessing donation requests and matching these to a store location
• Setting up new partners on the system and sending out a welcome pack
• Sharing donation delivery news on social media platforms and news feeds
• Coordinating the drop-offs with the warehouse and ensuring safe arrival of the bulk donations
• Measuring the impact of the project, monitoring and reporting on progress to line manager and funders
As part of the Hey Girls Team you will also:
• Contribute to general Hey Girls operations – including communications, marketing, impact measurement, developing internal systems, etc
• Undertake general promotion of the Hey Girls ethos and advocacy of the issues throughout the duration of the role
• Assist with general administration including answering emails, preparing resources, keeping clear records of spending and reporting back to the CEO
The ideal candidate will be educated to degree level or have an equivalent level of experience, with excellent written and oral communication skills. Well presented, you will have a friendly positive outgoing manner and be comfortable liaising with current partners and promoting the benefits of working with Hey Girls to potential new ones.
Confidence in a networking environment plus excellent writing skills, grammar and spelling are essential. Candidates who can demonstrate previous office-based administrative experience will be highly regarded.
Candidates should have up to date knowledge of current digital media platforms and be competent users of IT in an office environment.
You must be well-disciplined and be capable of undertaking a number of tasks/projects simultaneously. The ability to work autonomously and be mindful of accurately recording information is essential.
Candidates should be able to demonstrate an interest in and an awareness of the importance of developing a supportive and caring social environment for all citizens of the UK.
As part of the Scottish Government’s Workplace Equality agenda, this opportunity is aimed at empowering growing companies through the engagement of talented women from a BME background. If this sounds too good to miss, we want to hear from you.
If you have any questions about this role or the organisation please contact email@example.com. Please do not under any circumstances contact the employer directly as doing so may negatively impact your employment opportunity.
Closing date for applications is 3 January 2019, 12 noon.
Please submit a CV and covering letter through the Adopt An Intern online application form on our website. All applications must be submitted by 12 noon on the closing date. State A) your availability and B) relevant information on your skills/experience pertaining to the job specifications. We do NOT accept email applications unless otherwise stated.
Successful candidates must, by the start of the employment, have permission to work in the UK.APPLY