£35-40,000 per annum
Full-time, for 9-12 months*
About the Company
Diageo is the world’s leading premium drinks company, a business built on the principles and foundations laid by the giants of our industry.
Arthur Guinness, Alexander Walker and all those many talented people that followed in their footsteps, cared deeply about the people and businesses they fostered, and the communities in which they operated. Today we stand on the shoulders of these giants and act with the same entrepreneurial spirit.
We are a young company born of an incredible entrepreneurial legacy. The success of Guinness®, Smirnoff®, Johnnie Walker®, Tanqueray® and many more brands led to the formation of our company in 1997. And we only thrive today because of the talent of our people to grow our brands, old and new, and keep them strong.
This role is in the Employee Relations Team which enables and supports the HR Business Partners and Operational Line Managers within the ISC (Scotland and Northern Ireland) in the delivery of their business objectives. It provides a full professional service on Employee Relations Case Management, ER Capability Development and support on Employee Relations matters relating to our Scotland and Northern Ireland Employees.
This role is integral in supporting the business to maintain a healthy and productive Employee Relations (ER) Climate by providing a professional service to Line Managers, HR Business Partners, Senior Stakeholders in all aspects of Individual ER Case Management, Absence Management (working closely with Occupational Health), Performance Management, ER Change Management and ER Capability building for Scotland and Northern Ireland.
The role provides a policy advisory service to employees and line managers to ensure compliance with policy and employment legislation and that any policy exceptions are justified. This specialist role will help people to acquire in-depth expertise in all aspects of Employee Relations matters such as individual end-to-end ER case management (e.g. Disciplinaries, grievances, ill health retirement, long term absence etc), ER capability building as well as the management of employee relation matters (consulting with union and non-union forums around change, developing great Union relationships)
We are looking for an individual who can:
• Provide leadership in all aspects of individual ER case management
• Provide advice on the implementation and interpretation of HR policies and processes. Coach and train line managers to follow our core people processes and policies
• Work with individual business areas to identify, develop and subsequently deliver ER capability interventions
• Support the local HRBP in the management and development of the business area ER environment
*Please note that this is a 9-12 Month Maternity Cover.
Qualifications and experience required:
• Degree and/or CIPD qualified or equivalent in-depth experience
• Previous experience of ER case management – either as an HR professional or as an experienced people manager
• Knowledge and application of UK HR Policies and Employment Law
• Experience of managing project work
• Excellent interpersonal, relationship management and communication skills and ability to apply at all levels within the organisation
• Comfortable working with IS systems
Closing date for applications is 17 May 2016, 12 noon.
Please submit a CV and brief covering letter through the Adopt an Intern online application form on our website. All applications must be submitted by noon on the closing date. State a. your availability and b. relevant information on your skills/experience pertaining to the job spec. We do NOT accept e-mail applications unless otherwise stated.
Please confirm your eligibility to work in the UK.