Location: London Paddington
£9.00 per hour
Full-time, permanent position
Closing date: 7 June 2016, noon
About the Company
We are an award-winning national fashion retailer with over 260 stores throughout the UK and an online shopping destination at www.mandco.com. With a strong belief in developing and growing talent, we know it is our people and their great team spirit that have made us what we are today. They drive us forward in our continued success and help us meet our customers’ needs and expectations.
At M&Co we want to challenge our employees and to allow them to make a meaningful contribution to the business. In return, we offer excellent opportunities for personal development and career growth. For example, half of our managers started off as sales assistants within the company. In 2015 we were voted the 17th Best Big Company to work for by the Sunday Times.
M&Co are looking for an Ethical Trade Assistant to join their team. As a successful applicant your main tasks will include:
• Assisting in the delivery of the M&Co Ethical Trade strategy, through regular email with suppliers, helping in maintaining the supplier database and supporting with ethical trade projects
• Liaising with stakeholders to ensure that relevant people have a clear understanding of the M&Co Ethical Trade Policy
• Supporting the Ethical Trade manager
The skills and qualifications that are required for the role are:
• Degree level education
• A passion for Ethical Trade and its place in the retail sector
• Basic knowledge and understanding of the principles of ethical trade and best practice
• Time management skills and the ability to work to deadlines
• Communication skills including experience of speaking to a wide range of stakeholders
• Flexibility and the ability to learn fast is essential
• Excellent Microsoft Excel and analytical skills
Closing date for applications is 7 June 2016, 12 noon.
Please submit a CV and brief covering letter through the Adopt an Intern online application form on our website. All applications must be submitted by noon on the closing date. State a. your availability and b. relevant information on your skills/experience pertaining to the job spec. We do NOT accept e-mail applications unless otherwise stated.
Please confirm your eligibility to work in the UK.