Location: East Renfrewshire Council, 2 Spiersbridge Way, Thornliebank
£7.85 per hour. 35 hours per week for 6 months
Ideal start date 26 January 2015
Comprising of over 200 businesses, both BIDs represent a strong collective voice in the area, supporting trade and commerce, as well as heavily contributing to the local community life by big events and visual improvements to the area.
You will get hands on experience in developing, delivering and marketing public events and other local marketing initiatives that involve local stakeholders such as independent and national businesses, schools, art clubs and other community groups. You will have the opportunity to liaise on a daily basis with the private, public and third sector.
Key responsibilities will include:
• Events development, delivery and marketing – targeting carefully selected market segment (opposed to targeting the whole local community), liaising with business community and other stakeholders – enhancing intern’s communication skills and ability to work within a team. Part of a brand promotion and community engagement.
• Marketing, PR and the delivery and marketing of public events for two Business Improvement Districts: I Love Clarkston and Giffnock Village – ongoing. This will include social media and business led, community orientated, website.
• Marketing tailored to suit strategic ambitions of the BID (promotion of customer loyalty and encouraging social engagement to generate footfall) and to promote advantages of having a BID in a challenging environment where both: private and public stakeholders are heavily involved.
• Research and delivery of the first community and business hub/pop up shop in Clarkston BID.
• Writing BIDs newsletters.
• Attending BID Management Committees meetings when necessary.
• Administrative tasks: filing, dispatching correspondence, telephone calls, help with database maintenance.
• Help with BID websites maintenance (including negotiations and liaison with digital media companies).
• Providing assistance with other BID activities such as renewal ballot in Clarkston, and development of Barrhead and Rural BIDs.
You will be educated to a degree level with a background in Events Management, Business Studies, or Management and Marketing (Events Management focus would be a plus), or other relevant experience.
• Mature, strongly motivated graduate, able to work independently, and within a team, under tight deadlines and eager to adjust to flexible working hours.
• Ability to apply concepts of market segmentation and customer targeting.
• Strong motivation and initiative are vital in business/social interactions on behalf of the BID.
• Interest in events, community engagement and place marketing would be a plus.
Closing date for applications is 29 December 2014, 5pm
Interviews will be held on 13 January 2015
Please submit a CV and brief covering letter through the Adopt an Intern online application form on our website. State a. your availability and b. How you meet the requirements of the job specification. We do NOT accept e-mail applications unless otherwise stated.