£10.00 per hour
Full time for 6 months (potential for permanent for the right candidate)
Closing date: 30 May 2019
Interview Date: 17 June 2019
Start date: 1 July 2019
About the Company
"London Scottish House is a key part of the local Community in London as well as acting as an important link connecting Scotland to the Capital. They bring people together around a shared heritage and invite the wider London community to explore Scotland’s unique history and culture.
London Scottish House is operated by London Scottish Volunteer Enterprises Ltd as a social enterprise on behalf of its owning charity the London Scottish Regimental Trusts. They offer office services, hospitality and cultural programmes for business and charity start-ups, as well as being a community and heritage centre for Scots in London."
Learn more London Scottish house here.
London Scottish House is currently looking for a motivated individual to assist in the delivery of gold standard events in a variety of hospitality spaces within London Scottish House. Clients range from commercial organisations, government departments, military organisations and charities.
Working with the Events Manager and Office Services Coordinator, your tasks will include but not be limited to:
• Plan, organise and deliver demand side charity events, corporate hospitality, meetings, conferences and exhibitions
• Conduct venue space research and find resources to help staff make decisions about event logistics
• Act as first point of contact for the general public by being responsible for both event-related and general enquiries via email, phone and websites
• Manage booking systems and registrations, ensuring attendance is accurately recorded
• Issue invitations and relevant event information to attendees/delegates
• Help compile and design presentations
• Assist in handling any arising issues at events
• Assist with the collation of information for promotional literature, including press releases
• Generate content for social media and PR opportunities
• Assist with social media marketing and growth
• Help oversee the design and placement of event advertising
• Be the main point of contact for external designers and marketing agencies
• Support team with ad hoc administration tasks when required
London Scottish House is looking for a bright, confident and friendly individual with a qualification or experience relevant to this work. This could be a degree in Events Management or Hospitality, or any qualification or demonstratable experience of work in the hospitality sector. A familiarity with event management processes and any experience of statutory or regulatory standards would be ideal for this role.
London Scottish House is a charity owned social enterprise that provides a community hub for Scotland in London. Therefore, someone of Scottish heritage or who has an affinity with Scottish culture and identity would be at home with their charitable purpose and operations; however this is not essential.
You should be able to demonstrate the following:
• An affinity for Scottish culture and identity
• Strong organisation skills
• Ability to work on own initiative but also as part of a team
• Ability to work efficiently under pressure
• Excellent communication skills, both verbal and written
• A professional telephone manner
• Excellent time management skills with the ability to prioritise tasks effectively
• Attention to detail
There is the potential for this role to become a permanent position for the right candidate.
If you have any questions about this role or the organisation please contact email@example.com. Please do not under any circumstances contact the employer directly as doing so may negatively impact your employment opportunity.
Closing date for applications is 30 May 2019, 12 noon.
Interviews will be held on Monday 17th June 2019
Please submit a CV and tailored Cover Letter through the Adopt An Intern online application form by clicking “Apply” on our website. All applications must be submitted by 12 noon on the closing date. In your Cover Letter, please state: A) your availability and B) relevant information on your skills/experience pertaining to the job specifications. We do NOT accept email applications unless otherwise stated.
Successful candidates must, by the start of the employment, have permission to work in the UK.