Thrive is Scotland’s premier B2B membership based networking organisation hosting sector-specific events across Scotland.
£13,124.80 basic plus guaranteed bonus to £14,324.80 plus sales commission (OTE £15k).
Full-time, permanent role.
January start date
Thrive offers memberships within networking clubs based in Edinburgh, Glasgow and Dumfries. They cover various sectors including the following areas: Property, Technology, Energy, Hospitality, and Professional Services. Part of the membership package includes training as well as other value-add events. Thrive deliver structured, facilitated events with VIP speakers cherry-picked for each club designed to stimulate, motivate and educate each membership audience.
Thrive is a busy office with a small team operating in a focussed and driven working environment. Thrive are looking for someone that will fit in well, be part of the family and share their vision for the future. Within this role your main tasks will include:
- Checking & posting of invoices on system
- Responding to Accountant & Book-keeper queries
- Debt recovery of subscriptions
- Ensuring DD receipts & BACS spreadsheets are accurate
- Assessing team’s delegate lists
- Project work ie IT projects/Office projects etc
- Ordering & managing Thrive branded items & stationery
- Liaison officer for: Venues, Small Claims Court, building factors and IT & Phones sectors
- Supervision of part time intern
- Organising development seminars in both cities
- Maintaining Thrive website
- Arranging some speaker bookings for events
- Resourcing of some prospects into clubs & following up with them
- Some selling into the Network Conference & Director’s Dinners
The ideal candidate can come from a variety of degree backgrounds. You must have excellent organisational and interpersonal communication skills and be able to deal with difficult or demanding members and prospects. You will also be able to manage supplier relationships. You will be able to understand and articulate the importance of all relationships, internal and external.
You will be numerate and have a sense of finance with basic accountancy skills, and be able to demonstrate strong IT competence. You will possess excellent attention to detail and take ownership of tasks. You will have experience of working in a team and demonstrating open communication.
You will be able to prioritise and focus to perform a dual role of sales/events & administration
Closing date for applications is 4 November 2014, 5pm.
Please submit a CV and brief covering letter through the Adopt an Intern online application form on our website. All applications must be submitted by 5pm on the closing date. State a. your availability and b. relevant information on your skills/experience pertaining to the job spec. We do NOT accept e-mail applications unless otherwise stated.