The Royal Society of Edinburgh are an educational charity, registered in Scotland. Independent and non-party-political, they provide a wide range of public benefit activities throughout Scotland.
£22,046 per annum
Full-time, 35 hours per week. Monday to Friday, 9.00am to 5.00pm (occasional work out-with these hours)
Working as an Events Officer for the Royal Society of Edinburgh your main responsibility will be to administer and organise the RSE programme of education activities for school aged children and support delivery of activities in the RSE’s wider events programme.
Your key tasks will be:
• To provide secretariat support for the RSE Committee which oversees the school programme
• To coordinate the day-to-day running of the school programme in liaison with delivery partners
• To market and publicise events in the school programme
• To produce teaching resource packs for the school programme, in particular, for Discussion Forums
• To develop new activities for improving the school programme and identify potential delivery partners
• To maintain records of school programme registrations and contacts
• To support delivery of activities in the RSE’s wider events programme
The successful candidate will have experience in organising and promoting science communication and/or cultural topic events. You will have an awareness of Child Protection issues and an understanding of the Scottish Primary and Secondary Education system and curriculum. You should have a working knowledge of outreach providers working in the same field. Good written and interpersonal skills, alongside a knowledge of and vision for communicating digitally are essential.
You will be educated to degree level, ideally, but not exclusively, with a background in science, communication, education or similar. Previous experience in supporting and working with committees and academics would be desirable. Experience in developing educational resources would be beneficial. Some awareness of fundraising for events would also be highly sought after.
You will be IT literate with skills in Word, Excel, Outlook and Powerpoint. Skills in In Design, Publisher, website content management systems and Rendez-Vous booking systems would all be beneficial but are not essential. You should be skilled in Integra Database at procedure level.
Closing date for applications is 17 August 2015, 5pm
Please submit a CV and brief covering letter through the Adopt an Intern online application form on our website. All applications must be submitted by 5pm on the closing date. State a. your availability and b. relevant information on your skills/experience pertaining to the job spec. We do NOT accept e-mail applications unless otherwise stated.