£16,500 per annum
Full time, permanent
Closing date: 26 February 2019, 12 noon
About the Company
As the voice of the home building industry, Homes for Scotland represents 200 organisations together delivering the vast majority of the country's new homes. They look to change, challenge and collaborate on behalf of members to ensure the housing needs and aspirations of Scotland’s growing population are met.
Homes for Scotland are committed to improving the quality of living in Scotland by providing this and future generations of Scots with warm, energy-efficient, sustainable homes in places people WANT to live.
Their aim is to foster the conditions necessary to enable the home building industry to prosper and make a significant contribution to Scotland's social, economic and environmental well-being.
Find out more at www.homesforscotland.com
Providing unique insight into both one of Scotland’s most dynamic industries and a vital area of public policy, Homes for Scotland is looking to recruit an enthusiastic and motivated individual to support their busy Membership and Communications team and undertake general office duties as required.
As a key member of our Executive Team and reporting to the Head of Public Affairs, responsibilities include:
• Event organisation and delivery including flagship Annual Lunch & Awards, annual conference, briefings and regional roadshows
• Communication tasks including website management, newsletter creation/collation and basic copywriting
• Management of the membership process from enquiry to welcome
• Database updating and maintenance
• General office duties (such as meeting set-up and reception cover)
With plenty of scope for development, this is an ideal opportunity for someone to grow within an organisation which exists to ensure its members can deliver more of the housing required to meet Scotland’s growing population.
To be successful in this role, you will be:
• Educated to degree level
• Excellent organisational and written and verbal communication skills
• Confident and friendly
• Reliable, self-motivated with a ‘can do’ approach and prepared to take the initiative with a hands-on, flexible attitude
• Ability to manage competing priorities
• Proficiency in Microsoft Office
• Meticulous attention to detail
• Eligible to work in the UK
Hours of work are Monday to Thursday 9am-5pm and Friday 9am - 4.30pm. Other benefits include company pension and life and health insurance after probationary period.
If you have any questions about this role or the organisation please contact email@example.com. Please do not under any circumstances contact the employer directly as doing so may negatively impact your employment opportunity.
Closing date for applications is Tuesday 26 February 2019, 12 noon.
Interviews will take place on Friday 1 March 2019.
Please submit a CV and covering letter through the Adopt an Intern online application form on our website. All applications must be submitted by 12 noon on the closing date. State A) your availability and B) relevant information on your skills/experience pertaining to the job specifications. We do NOT accept email applications unless otherwise stated.
Successful candidates must, by the start of the employment, have permission to work in the UK.