Part-time, 240 hours over 12 weeks
Start date: June 2016
About the Company
Emily Millichip is an Edinburgh based fashion designer. She specialises in vintage inspired clothing and accessories, using colourful prints sourced from around the world. This role will involve working closely with Emily Millichip in the production and development of garments and accessories, and the day to day running of her creative business.
Emily Millichip is looking for an enthusiastic Fashion Intern. As a successful candidate, your main responsibilities will include:
• Assisting in the production of sample garments and accessories
• Hand embroidery
• Pattern cutting according to design specifications
• Assisting with the organisation/implementation of workshops
• Helping develop and grow Emily Millichip's brand
• General support of the day to day running of the business
*Please note that the role will primarily be based in Emily's Edinburgh studio with occasional work from home/around the city as required.
The ideal candidate will be a Fashion Design/Technology graduate with great attention to detail and quality manufacturing skills.
• Experience sewing on an industrial sewing machine
• Hand sewing
• Hand embroidery
• Pattern cutting
• Adobe Illustrator and/or Adobe Photoshop
• Screen printing
• Experience writing press releases/marketing
• An understanding of current trends in fashion, textiles and design
Closing date for applications is 13 May 2016, 12 noon.
Interviews will take place on 27 May 2016.
Please submit a CV and brief covering letter through the Adopt an Intern online application form on our website. All applications must be submitted by noon on the closing date. State a. your availability and b. relevant information on your skills/experience pertaining to the job spec. We do NOT accept e-mail applications unless otherwise stated.
Please confirm your eligibility to work in the UK.