£16,250 per annum
Full time for 6 months
Start date: 4 February 2019
Closing date: 11 January 2019, noon
About the Company
Absolute Escapes is an ambitious and specialist tour operator, offering imaginative and unique travel experiences to their clients from around the world. Established in Edinburgh in 2004, Absolute Escapes specialise in walking holidays on long distance trails in the UK & Ireland and tailor-made travel in Scotland.
Absolute Escapes are proud of their reputation for providing quality holidays and the highest standards of customer service. As each holiday is individually booked, they offer a personal service to their clients where attention to detail is the key.
To learn more about Absolute Escapes, please visit their website here.
As part of Absolute Escape’s continued growth plans, they are seeking to recruit an enthusiastic and professional individual to join their team as a Finance & Administrative Assistant intern. This position would suit a current undergraduate or recent graduate looking to gain some experience in the travel industry.
The role will play an integral part in assisting with the smooth operation of the finance side of the business by having responsibility for paying numerous suppliers and partners as well as processing payments from UK and international clients. The role will also involve assisting with administrative duties within the office to support Absolute Escape’s friendly and enthusiastic team as they aim to exceed their customers’ expectations.
In this role your duties and responsibilities will include:
• Paying suppliers and partners through Xero accounting software
• Processing deposits and final payments from clients
• Following-up with hotel partners for commission payments
• Reconciliation of invoices and purchase orders to bank account and company credit card
• Administration duties will include managing the ordering of guidebooks, maps, and stationery for the office, as well as ad hoc duties to support all business functions
Absolute Escapes welcomes applications from undergraduates and graduates looking to gain some valuable experience within the travel industry. The ideal candidate will have a Higher Grade in Mathematics and English or equivalent qualification. You will be highly organised with excellent attention to detail and you should be comfortable working with figures. Given the nature of their business, this role would suit someone with a keen interest in travel and the outdoors.
The following skills and experience are essential:
• A real people person who enjoys working as part of a team
• An excellent command of both written and spoken English and strong numerical skills are required. (Higher Grade in Mathematics and English or equivalent qualification)
• Outstanding organisation skills and strong attention to detail with a methodical approach to work
• A high level of motivation and a strong work ethic with the ability to work on your own initiative in a small entrepreneurial business
• Excellent computer skills with specific experience of working with spreadsheets
• Problem solving skills and an ability to think outside the box
• A strong commitment to excellent customer service and exceeding expectations
The following would be advantageous but not essential:
• As you will be working with the tours featured on the website, a genuine passion for walking and the outdoors and knowledge of Scotland as a tourism destination would be advantageous
• Experience of working in a similar finance or operations role within the travel industry would also be an advantage but is not essential, as full training will be given
If you have any questions about this role or the organisation please contact firstname.lastname@example.org. Please do not under any circumstances contact the employer directly as doing so may negatively impact your employment opportunity.
Closing date for applications is 11 January 2019, noon.
Please submit a CV and covering letter through the Adopt An Intern online application form on our website. All applications must be submitted by 12 noon on the closing date. State A) your availability and B) relevant information on your skills/experience pertaining to the job specifications. Absolute Escapes would like you to describe your favourite place in Scotland as part of your Covering Letter. We do NOT accept email applications unless otherwise stated.
Successful candidates must, by the start of the employment, have permission to work in the UK.