Location: Kirkcaldy, Fife
£16,776 - £18,810 pro rata
Part-time, 21 hours per week till 31 March 2020
Probationary period of 3 months
Closing Date: 20 March 2019, 12 noon
About the Company
Frontline Fife is a medium sized regional charity aiming to end homelessness through homelessness services across Fife by taking preventative action and by assisting people to transform their lives to live independently.
The Charitable Purpose of Frontline Fife is to prevent or relieve poverty and other causes of homelessness and to assist those in need throughout Scotland, in particular, throughout the area of Fife by:
• Providing accommodation, advice, support, representation, and other services to homeless and potentially homeless individuals, households and families
• Advancing education and raising public awareness with respect to homelessness, self-sufficient independent living and regulatory standards in the housing sector and other associated issues
• Supporting, encouraging and promoting the development of services to alleviate homelessness, problems associated with poor and sub-standard accommodation and address other health and social care needs
Frontline Fife’s Mission
To seek the end of homelessness across Fife by taking preventative action and by assisting and supporting people to choose the life they aspire to.
The Finance and Administration team provides professional financial and administrative support. Working as part of this team, you will support the team to achieve its aims and objectives and ensure the best use of their resources at all times.
This internship is an excellent opportunity for those seeking to either further their career in financial administration or develop practical skills in finance.
As an intern, you will be assisted by the team to grow your skills to carry out the following duties:
• Process the organisation's financial transactions accurately on a monthly basis using a Sage Line 50 Accounts package
• Process financial transactions to the correct cost centre using the percentage splits prepared by the Finance and Business Manager
• Maintain and file all documents supporting the businesses financial transactions in an orderly manner
• Post nominal ledger journals
• Reconcile all bank accounts including petty cash
• Capitalise assets purchased with a value in excess of £200
• Maintain general ledgers checking that all accounts balance
• Query any transactions which do not meet company policy to obtain an explanation
• Query invoicing issues with suppliers
• Payment of expenses
• Place monthly procurement orders
• Responding to queries and fortnightly reconciliation of petty cash
• Provide administrative support including answering the telephone, reception duties and dealing with email enquiries
• Scheduling appointment and booking rooms
Frontline Fife is seeking an individual with either a Finance or Maths related degree or a higher in maths with relevant experience in a finance role.
Previous experience in office work, customer service or accounts is desirable but not essential as training will be provided.
Applicants should be able to demonstrate the following:
• Excellent communication skills, both written and spoken English
• Confident with own numerical skills
• Ability to work under pressure and towards deadlines
• Good computing skills and a familiarity with Microsoft Office packages, as the role will involve day to day use of IT systems
• Excellent organisation skills and strong attention to detail
• Ability to work on own initiative but also a strong team player
• Willingness to learn and develop one’s own and others practice in a supportive way
If you have any questions about this role or the organisation please contact email@example.com. Please do not under any circumstances contact the employer directly as doing so may negatively impact your employment opportunity.
Closing date for applications is 20 March 2019, 12 noon.
Please submit a CV and Covering Letter through the Adopt An Intern online application form on our website. All applications must be submitted by 12 noon on the closing date. State A) your availability and B) relevant information on your skills/experience pertaining to the job specifications. We do NOT accept email applications unless otherwise stated.
Successful candidates must, by the start of the employment, have permission to work in the UK.