Campbells Prime Meat Ltd is Scotland’s leading fish, meat and delicatessen supplier to hotels and restaurants.
£20-25,000 per annum
Permanent role. Full-time (Monday-Friday 8.30-4.30, with some Saturdays mornings)
Immediate start date
Campbells Prime Meat Ltd have a vacancy for a Technologist to work in their Technical Department. This role would suit a recent graduate or someone with 1 or 2 years experience in a technical role within the food industry.
Duties and responsibilities for this role will include –
• Approval of raw material Suppliers and product specifications.
• Liaising with suppliers to ensure that all technical information is kept up-to-date across the business including nutritional, allergen and ingredients declarations.
• Create and maintain product information databases.
• Create and maintain finished product specifications for issue to customers, also completion of customer’s online specification systems.
• Collate and check all paperwork relating to daily factory quality systems.
• Participation in technical audits and traceability exercises.
• Participation in product labelling and packaging requirements.
The ideal candidate will have a degree in Food Science, and be able to demonstrate technical knowledge of the functionality of food ingredients.
You will have strong analytical skills, and excellent interpersonal and communication skills. You will be able to demonstrate keen attention to detail, and be confident using Excel, Word and databases.
Knowledge of food industry legislation and labelling would be advantageous, but is not essential.
Due to the location of Campbells Prime Meat Ltd, it is essential that you have access to your own transport.
Closing date for applications is 17 August 2015, 5pm
Please submit a CV and brief covering letter through the Adopt an Intern online application form on our website. All applications must be submitted by 5pm on the closing date. State your availability and relevant information on your skills/experience pertaining to the job spec. We do NOT accept e-mail applications unless otherwise stated.