£20-25,000 p/a but negotiable depending on experience
Full-time, (Mo-Fr: 8:30am - 4:30pm), Permanent
Closing Date: 17 December 2018, 12 noon
About the Company
Campbells Prime Meat Ltd is Scotland’s leading supplier of fresh meat, fresh fish and delicatessen products to the foodservice industry – that is, they supply food to chefs in kitchens who will cook for other people. Campbells' customers are hotels and restaurants, pub groups, catering companies, schools and hospitals.
It is a family business with a heritage that goes back over 100 years. The MD is the fourth generation of the family to manage the business and he remains very operationally involved. Campbells pride themselves on having the attributes of a small business – all of their products are made to order using the craft skills of their butchers and fishmongers – with some of the strengths of a larger business such as the back-office or their financial resources.
The company faced its greatest challenge in 2009 when their main production facility and offices were totally destroyed by fire. Three months after the fire, Campbells moved to their new premises in Linlithgow which is 50% larger than the previous factory. With the commitment and teamwork of the Directors and staff at Campbells and the support of our customers, our Linlithgow premises is now the finest in Scotland for the supply of fresh meat, fresh fish and delicatessen products.
Campbells Prime Meat Ltd are looking for a Food & Specifications Technologist to join their Technical Department. In this role your main duties and responsibilities will be:
• Approval of raw material Suppliers and Product specifications
• Liaising with suppliers to ensure that all technical information is kept up-to-date across the business including nutritional, allergen and ingredients declarations
• Create and maintain product information databases
• Create and maintain finished product specifications for issue to customers, also completion of customer’s online specification systems
• Collate and check all paperwork relating to daily factory quality systems
• Carry out customer complaint investigations
• Participation in technical audits and traceability exercises
• Participation in product labelling and packaging requirements
• Involved in organising organoleptic testing when required
• Actively involved in Fabrication and GMP audits on a weekly basis
• Completing Glass Audits monthly
• Updating labelling when required
• Create corrective actions on the results of the audits
• When required, assisting the hygiene manager with swabbing gluten, ATP, traditional and listeria
• When required, helping the technical assistant collate micro samples and results
• Carry out other additional work when required in the technical team
The Campbells Prime Meat factory is two miles outside Linlithgow and is not served well by public transport links, so having your own transport would be preferable. Please tell us in your application how you would plan to deal with this if successful at interview.
The ideal candidate will be degree qualified in Food Science or have at least 3 years of experience in a technical role within the food industry. They will be a strong team player, have strong analytical skills, as well as excellent interpersonal and communication skills. You will be able to demonstrate keen attention to detail, and be confident using Excel, Word and Databases.
Closing date for applications is 17 December 2018, 12 noon.
Please submit a CV and covering letter through the Adopt An Intern online application form on our website. All applications must be submitted by 12 noon on the closing date. State A) your availability and B) relevant information on your skills/experience pertaining to the job specifications. We do NOT accept email applications unless otherwise stated.
Successful candidates must, by the start of the employment, have permission to work in the UK.