£8.75 per hour
Full-time for 9 months
Closing date: 4 July 2018, 12 noon
Interview date: 17 July 2018
About the Company
Zero Waste Scotland (ZWS) is Scotland’s circular economy expert. We believe that moving to a more circular economy, where we minimise waste and make things last for longer, has the potential to transform our economy and sustain our natural environment.
Food waste is one of our key organisational priorities and Zero Waste Scotland is leading work on the Scottish Government target to reduce Scotland’s food waste by 33% by 2025.
To achieve this target, Zero Waste Scotland is working with small to medium sized enterprises in the food and drink industry to assist them in the prevention of food waste. As part of this activity, Zero Waste Scotland is seeking an enthusiastic intern to help promote and run our Good to Go programme. Good to Go has been developed to change the culture around leftovers in the hospitality industry and save food from the bin by giving customers an easy way to take uneaten food home.
Good to Go is a campaign that has been running since 2014. During this time Zero Waste Scotland has distributed Good to Go materials to over 270 hospitality businesses. It has received an extremely high level of interest from the media and is a fantastic tool to engage both businesses and their customers about food waste.
Working closely with, and being directed by the Project Manager, we require an individual to help market and administer Good to Go materials to a further 200 hospitality businesses across Scotland. Additionally, the appointed intern will gather feedback from previous participants, and ensure that these businesses have the information and support that they need to make Good to Go a success. This evaluation will lead to an exit strategy in order to consider the continuation of the programme in future years.
The key deliverables for the appointed intern are as follows:
• The development and delivery of a marketing plan to promote the availability of the 200 ‘Good to Go’ starter packs to the Scottish SME hospitality industry (inc. PR, events, social media and direct engagement).
• The practical administration of processing Good to Go requests forms within our database and coordinating delivery of the packs.
• Maintaining contact with Good to Go recipients (via email or phone) to ensure receipt of the materials and clarifying how to make the best use of them.
• Creating and administering a feedback survey to past participants to evaluate the effectiveness of the scheme on food waste prevention and awareness.
• Compilation of the survey results into a comprehensive evaluation report.
• Development of an exit strategy to agree ZWS’s role in the scheme in the future.
This role is based in Zero Waste Scotland’s Stirling office located next to Stirling railway station and is conveniently accessed from across central Scotland. Travel across Scotland will be required for events, training and meetings.
Zero Waste Scotland would like to hear from enthusiastic applicants, who are proficient in time management and have good attention to detail. You will be a good team player with the ability to work to your own initiative and be adaptable in responding to changing project priorities.
To be successful in this role you will:
• Be educated to degree level or experienced in a relevant discipline
• Have demonstrable passion and previous engagement in environmental sustainability issues (knowledge and engagement on food waste is advantageous but not essential)
• Have excellent communications skills, including willingness and comfortable ability to present publicly and engage directly with food and drink businesses either face to face or on the phone
• Be proficient in marketing communications such as social media, with ability to compose engaging and well written content
• Have excellent organisational skills with good attention to detail
• Have experience in using Microsoft Excel, Word, Outlook & social media platforms
• Have experience in data analysis, evaluation and report writing
We welcome applications from all suitably qualified and eligible candidates regardless of sex, race, disability, age, sexual orientation, gender reassignment, religion or belief, marital status or pregnancy and maternity
Closing date for applications is 4 July 2018, 12 noon.
Interviews will be held on 17 July 2018.
Please submit a CV and covering letter through the Adopt An Intern online application form on our website. All applications must be submitted by 12 noon on the closing date. State A) your availability and B) relevant information on your skills/experience pertaining to the job specifications. We do NOT accept email applications unless otherwise stated.
Successful candidates must, by the start of the employment, have permission to work in the UK.APPLY