The intern will work closely with the Chief Officer and support staff of Scotland’s Towns Partnership.
Location: East Renfrewshire
£7.85 per hour. Full-time, 35 hours per week for an initial three months (up to 12 months)
The key tasks will be to develop a tailored STP Towns Funding Toolkit and an STP eBulletin with case studies and relevant news along with advertising revenue generated. Additional work will include sourcing funding for STP, writing funding applications, assisting with events, developing case studies and other general marketing duties as required.
Main responsibilities will include:
• Events development, delivery and marketing – targeting carefully selected market segment– enhancing intern’s communication skills and ability to work within a team. Part of a brand promotion and community / stakeholder engagement.
• Help CEO to Identify and secure funding – both for STP and related project / products / partnership
• Assist with funding applications and tailored funding responses from STP Web
• Marketing for STP – web and e-bulletin. This will include social media and website as well as sourcing advertising revenue and content for e-bulletin
• Attending STP meetings when necessary and administrative tasks: filing, dispatching correspondence, telephone calls, help with databases maintenance.
• Help with STP website maintenance (including negotiations and liaison with digital media companies).
• Liaising with STP Board – e.g. supporting BIDs projects etc.
• Any other tasks that are required to be completed
The ideal graduate will be educated to degree level with a background in Events Management, Business Studies, or Management and Marketing or other relevant experience. You will be mature, strongly motivated graduate, able to work independently, and within a team, under tight deadlines and eager to adjust to flexible working hours.
You will have the ability to identify funding sources, experience of application writing and fundraising. Knowledge or experience of CRM and database management would be highly beneficial. You will be creatively minded and able to communicate well with external agencies and media.
An interest in events, community engagement and place marketing would be a plus. You should have the ability to apply concepts of market segmentation and customer targeting. Strong motivation and initiative are vital in business/social interactions on behalf of STP.
Closing date for applications is 4 January 2015, 5pm.
Interviews will be held on 19 January 2015.
Please submit a CV and brief covering letter through the Adopt an Intern online application form on our website. State a. your availability and b. how your skills/experience match the requirements of the job. We do NOT accept e-mail applications unless otherwise stated.