£8.25 per hour
Part-time, for 240 hours
August 2016 start
Closing date: 20 June 2016
About the Company
On the Corner is a open source collaborative network of individuals, social enterprises, artists, musicians and community based projects. We provide accessible and inviting experiences and opportunities to those in the east end and wider Glasgow public.
OTC currently renovates and rents out a large 5 storey building on the corner of London road and Bain St in the Barras area of Glasgow.
As a successful applicant your main tasks and responsibilities will include:
• Identifying and completing grant applications
• Contacting people and organisations, meeting them for a coffee and advocating for OTC
• Identifying different ways of fundraising - crowdfunding, public stunts, events etc.
• Updating social media with any fundraising initiatives
• Raising awareness of OTC's social outcomes
• Setting up meetings with sponsors and donors
• Presenting at functions
• Running stalls at events
• Any other activities you think may raise awareness and investment in OTC
The ideal graduate would be someone from marketing or business, social sciences or communications. OTC are looking for a creative team player who is a great communicator (written and verbal) and has brilliant ideas to share. Are you good at poetry, writing, or song writing? We would love to hear from you! You should be a wiz on social media platforms and not be afraid to use it. The inquisitive individual should be adaptable and must work be able to work to deadlines, as well as show initiative in the role. You should have presentation skills and some networking skills. OTC would like to hear from those who are driven by a desire to make the world a better place.
Desirable skills and abilities required for this role:
• Confident to make first contact and go for a coffee
• Ran a social/fundraising campaign before
• Ran for elected position
• Inspired by social/environmental/political issues
• Able to bring out the best in people/projects
Closing date for applications is 20 June 2016, 12 noon.
Please submit a CV and brief covering letter through the Adopt an Intern online application form on our website. All applications must be submitted by noon on the closing date. State a. your availability and b. relevant information on your skills/experience pertaining to the job spec. We do NOT accept e-mail applications unless otherwise stated.
Please confirm your eligibility to work in the UK.