£18,000 - £22,000 p/a depending on experience
4-day week (Flexible) for 12 months (with potential for extension)
Start date: January 2020
Closing date: 6 January 2020, 12 noon
About the Company
Fuelled by personal experience and frustration with existing products in the marketplace, FOMO was created to change horserider’s perception of body protection and eliminate the prejudice towards wearing them on a day-to-day basis.
Established in 2016, the company started as a simple idea that has developed into an innovative concept through the use of a user-centred product development process. The aim of the product is to limit the risk of injury from a horse-riding accident through a flexible, easy to adjust and maximal protection body protector.
After tremendous growth in 2018, complemented by a recent win at the Scottish EDGE final FOMO is looking to continue this momentum and expansion in 2019.
FOMO has the potential to grow rapidly into a multi-national company, and this presents an amazing opportunity for the right person to join them early on in this exciting journey.
More information about the vision and values of FOMO can be found on their website: www.fomoprotection.com
FOMO is looking for a motivated creative that has an enthusiasm for garment technology, designing and developing products to help the company to scale and manage their offering.
The ideal candidate will work closely with the CEO, Product Design Engineer, suppliers and test facilities you will assist in driving the product development. There is tremendous potential for professional progression in this role and the opportunity to travel.
The successful candidate will be well motivated and educated to degree level with strong teamwork skills. You will have an entrepreneurial spark to help develop a new and innovative product.
FOMO’s ideal candidate will have the following attributes:
• A curious problem solver, who is passionate about design and takes initiative to drive innovation
• Experience with garment quality control and best-practice to ensure that pieces are being produced to the required standard and that manufacturing is measured within tolerance.
• Interested in discussing new designs with the Product Design team and help decide on the best way to manufacture them.
• Can work out size specifications and plan how new garments will be made up by producing initial and graded size charts.
• Ability to monitor the production of sample garments and initiate any changes to the designs to fit manufacturing requirements.
• Confidence in Checking samples thoroughly before they are sent to the customer
• Willingness to liaise with customers and clients
Essential skills, personal characteristics, and experience include:
• An undergraduate degree with 2:1, or higher in relevant discipline
• Creative and innovative and willing to grow and learn with the role
• Have experience in pattern making, grading, design and sample making
• Experience working in garment design or production
• Experience using Adobe Illustrator
• UK Driving licence
The following would be advantageous and desirable:
• Experience of working at a startup
• Experience of the equestrian or sports industry
• Experience using Adobe Creative Software
This is a unique opportunity to join an award-winning startup and take the lead on garment control, developing new and improving existing products with a passionate user base.
Outside of the above, FOMO can offer:
• Ability to grow with the company and reap the rewards associated
• Clear progression routes
• Generous annual leave inclusive of public holidays allowance
If you have any questions about this role or the organisation please contact email@example.com. Please do not under any circumstances contact the employer directly as doing so may negatively impact your employment opportunity.
Closing date for applications is 6 January 2020, 12 noon.
Please submit a CV and tailored Cover Letter through the Adopt An Intern online application form on our website. Examples of what we expect in an application can be found here.
All applications must be submitted by 12 noon on the closing date. State A) your availability and B) relevant experience and demonstrate how your skills match the specific requirements of the job description.
We do NOT accept email applications unless otherwise stated.
Successful candidates must, by the start of the employment, have permission to work in the UK.