Diageo is the world’s leading premium drinks business, with iconic brands including Guinness, Smirnoff, Captain Morgan and Johnnie Walker. Celebrating life every day, everywhere, is their guiding purpose - from creating new products to developing people to be the best they can be.
Global Diageo Business Services (GDBS) is a multi-functional, global shared services function, impacting virtually every part of Diageo around the world, 24 hours a day, 365 days a year. GDBS focus on further improving business efficiency, liberating and empowering our markets to concentrate on commercial growth. This could range from a focus on delivering high quality IS services, technology or end-user support operations through to systems architecture, portfolio management or transaction and analytical services.
Diageo are looking for an ambitious Intern with a passion for Information Technology and Systems to join their Global Diageo Business Services team! They are focused on growing and developing their talent. They are keen to find someone early in their career to invest in, providing a fantastic opportunity to really add value and learn in a fast paced and exciting environment.
The Business Intelligence internship, within their Information Systems function, offers you the perfect platform to gain real insight into a Global business, gain new skills and express your ideas. You’ll have the opportunity to learn the processes and systems used in Diageo to support the productions of our premium products.
Your placement will be with an established team working and using your Business Intelligence skills, develop comprehensive requirement documents to help implement Business Intelligence and Analytics projects to the Diageo Standard.
You will be involved in providing support for the current reporting requirement in production systems, reviewing existing process documentation, identifying gaps and developing solutions
Together with a drive to learn and curious spirit, you’ll be enthusiastic, open-minded and assertive, and ready for different and challenging projects. The key ingredients Diageo want you to have include:
• Ideally educated to or working towards degree level.
• A desire to work in the Reporting / Business Intelligence and Analytics arena
• Must be able to work as part of a team.
• Must be able to create effective relationships within the project team and with Business Stakeholders.
• Must be organised and highly analytical in approach.
• Attention to detail is critical.
• Excellent literacy and numeracy skills
• Must be competent in the use of standard Microsoft Office apps such as Excel, Word, Access and PowerPoint.
• Covered courses on programming and database structures/systems as part of your education.
You will be using the following applications; experience using any of these will be beneficial.
• Microsoft SQL
• Microstrategy reporting
• SQL Server Integration services (SSIS)
• Web Development
• Microsoft SharePoint Development
• Visual Basic Programming in Excel
Closing date for applications is 12 November 2015, 12 noon.
Interviews: Week Commencing 23 November, 2015.
Please submit a CV and brief covering letter through the Adopt an Intern online application form on our website. State a. your availability and b. How you meet the requirements of the job specification. We do NOT accept e-mail applications unless otherwise stated.