Location: Shieldhall, Glasgow
Full-time for 3-4 months
About the company
Diageo are looking for a highly energized, analytical Intern with a passion for quality and operating processes and systems to join our Global Supply Operational Excellence team! We are focused on growing and developing our talent, we are keen to find someone early in their career to invest in. The role provides a great opportunity to really add value and learn in a fast paced environment developing process and practice that will be used globally.
Diageo is the world’s leading premium drinks business, with an unrivalled collection of global brands including SMIRNOFF, JOHNNIE WALKER, BAILEYS and GUINNESS. We are a global business, employing over 30,000 talented people worldwide with offices in around 80 countries.
The internship, within our Global Supply Operational Excellence function, offers you the perfect platform to gain real insight into a Global business, gain new skills and express your ideas. You’ll have the opportunity to learn the processes and systems used in Diageo to support the productions of our premium products.
Your placement will be with an established team working and using your quality and production skills, to develop global processes and standards and to help codify quality management across Diageo.
You will be involved in providing support for the current assurance systems, reviewing existing process documentation, identifying gaps and developing solutions.
Together with a drive to learn and curious spirit, you’ll be enthusiastic, open-minded and assertive, and ready for different and challenging projects. The key ingredients we want you to have include:
• Ideally educated to degree level
• A desire to work in the quality and operations arena
• Must be able to work as part of a team
• Must be able to create effective relationships within the project team and with Business Stakeholders
• Must be organised and highly analytical in approach
• Attention to detail is critical
• Excellent literacy and numeracy skills
• Experienced and highly competent Excel skills
• Familiar with on line platforms (Sharepoint)
• Must also be competent in the use of other standard Microsoft Office apps such Word and PowerPoint
Closing date for applications is 16 February 2016, 12noon.
Interviews will be held 24/25 February 2016.
Please submit a CV and brief covering letter through the Adopt an Intern online application form on our website. State a. your availability and b. How you meet the requirements of the job specification. We do NOT accept e-mail applications unless otherwise stated.
Please confirm your eligibility to work in the UK.