Location: Angus House, Forfar
£8.45 per hour
Full Time, 6 months with potential for extension
Closing date: 24 November 2017*, 12 noon
Start date: Mid-December 2017
About the Company
Angus Council provide local government services to citizens, businesses and visitors to the Angus area. The council area has a population of 116,000 and covers major population centres such as Arbroath, Monifieth, and Forfar, the administrative centre. In 2018 Angus council is involved in one of golf’s biggest tournaments, The Open 2018, held in Carnoustie.
This is a major project for Angus Council in the upcoming months and the council are looking to ensure the success of The Open. Please see website for more about the council's wider work, and see here for more on The Open and golf in Angus.
Angus Council are looking to hire a digital marketing intern with a marketing background, ideally with knowledge or interest of the Golf sector. The internship is for 6 months but has the potential to be extended up to The Open (August) 2018.
In this role you will:
• Work with Sector Officers in Golf and Tourism and with Assistant Digital Communications Officer to deliver before and during event activities as outlined in the marketing plan for The Open 2018
• Contribute to specific digital marketing plans and campaigns for both Visit Angus and Carnoustie Country to increase engagement in the run-up to The Open 2018
• Support the delivery of golf and tourism events and exhibitions as outlined in The Open 2018 marketing plan
• Undertake desk research to identify best practice in digital marketing in the golf tourism sector and make appropriate recommendations for new activities
• Review and update content on the Carnoustie Country and Visit Angus websites with a focus on customer journey and analytics
• Contribute to, analyse and recommend appropriate social media channels activity to be used to increase engagement and reach
• Investigate development of an Open App outlining recommendations and appropriate best practice models
• Support SEO activity of relevant websites in consultation with Assistant Digital Communications Officer to improve rankings
• Contribute to performance reporting as required This list is not exhaustive and, as required, you will be required to undertake other duties.
The successful candidates will be educated to degree level in a relevant subject, ideally having a Digital Marketing qualification. You will be a self-starter willing to use your initiative at work. You will also work with various other officers and departments and so must demonstrate the ability to work in a team.
The following skills are essential:
• Knowledge of marketing principles and practices
• Practical experience of devising and implementing digital marketing campaigns online using various social media channels
• Experience in using Content Management Systems to update information on websites
• Experience of using Microsoft Office packages in a work environment
• Excellent oral and written communication skills
• Strong creative thinker
• Highly organised with attention to detail
• Able to work to deadlines and successfully meet them
• Full current UK driving licence and access to a vehicle
The following skills are desirable:
• Familiarity and understanding of the Golf sector, possibly even a golfer
• Practical experience of copywriting for the web
• Experience of coordinating events
Closing date for applications is 24 November 2017, 12 noon.
*Interviews are week commencing 4 December 2017 but please do not delay in applying as we will also be shortlisting candidates for immediate interviews, during the advertising period.
Please submit a CV and covering letter through the Adopt An Intern online application form on our website. All applications must be submitted by 12 noon on the closing date. State A) your availability and B) relevant information on your skills/experience pertaining to the job specifications. We do NOT accept email applications unless otherwise stated.
Please confirm your eligibility to work in the UK.APPLY