Location: Edinburgh office, some home-based work
£9.00 per hour
40 hours per week for 3 months
Closing date: 17 July 2019, 12 noon
About the Company
Business as usual isn’t working. It is getting hot in here, the ice caps are melting, the money and opportunity are stuck in Silicon Valley, many people are disinvited and disincluded from participating. Our current model of work involves too much commuting, polluting and is not sustainable for people, planet or more equal purpose.
The AnywhereWorks mission is simple: to change how the world works, by helping people work anywhere.
FULL Creative is a foundry for new ideas - AnywhereWorks being a major one. Over twenty years, they’ve evolved from being a long-distance carrier based in their founder’s garage into a provider of diverse products and services with a mission to change how the world works.”
Learn more about the company here: https://full.io/
● We are looking for people who care. Business and tech are tools that could be used for good or ill - we want folks working and thinking toward the net good side of that dichotomy.
● We are not looking for perfect. Don’t let perfect be the enemy of good. Learn-it-alls before know-it-alls. Perfect need not apply.
● We need a few interns to help us think differently and connect people and businesses to customers in more human ways.
● Space is limited. Time is limited, too. Seriously.
● We have designers, developers, misfits, enthusiasts from here, there and Anywhere. Working and collaborating to try to find product market fit. To help the world work differently.
● The secret to happiness is low expectations. You will likely fail if you apply and fail if you get the role. We are used to failing and made of failures. Feel free to fail, just don’t fail to try.
● If this role speaks to you, let’s talk and see what’s possible.
● We are looking for the will, together we’ll find the way.
● Help us move the world to working Anywhere.
As this is an internship programme that is genuinely interested in your development and growth, there will be plenty of emphasis placed on generating creative ideas between you, your fellow interns and the wider product and marketing teams at FULL.
You will work two days in the office in central Edinburgh and the remainder of your hours from home.
AnywhereWorks require great all-rounders from any background. They are not interested in people from a specific discipline. The most important trait in the right candidates will be someone who truly wants to help achieve the mission in helping the world work Anywhere.
Apply if you are someone who has tech chops, pixel skills, is great at telling stories or just someone who is willing to think differently and fail frequently.
• Excellent organisational skills.
• Excellent written and verbal communication.
• A strong team player.
• Can work under pressure to tight deadlines.
To successfully work from home your system needs to meet some minimum requirements:
• You should have a high-speed Internet connection, such as Cable/Fios. By high-speed, we mean a download speed of at least 2 Mbps and an upload speed of at least 1.5 Mbps.
• DSL is allowed, just not DSL Satellite.
• The nuts and bolts: working speakers, screen resolution of at least 1280x800, 2.0 GHz processor(or higher), 2GB or more of system memory (RAM), and Windows 8 or 10.
• Two monitors come in handy, but one will do!
At FULL, employees are trusted to work hard and to a high standard, so you will need to be able to show initiative and self-motivation, and the self-awareness to see how your personal working style is best utilised for the greatest potential in a distributed working environment.
As for much of time you will be working remotely, you will be happy and confident about reaching out to others and sharing ideas in a team and for those ideas to be collaboratively critiqued so that only the best are taken forward.
If you have any questions about this role or the organisation please contact email@example.com. Please do not under any circumstances contact the employer directly as doing so may negatively impact your employment opportunity.
Closing date for applications is 17 July 2019, 12 noon.
Please submit a CV and tailored Cover Letter through the Adopt An Intern online application form by clicking “Apply” on our website. Examples of what we like to see in a cover letter can be found HERE. All applications must be submitted by 12 noon on the closing date. In your Cover Letter, please state: A) your availability and B) relevant information on your skills/experience pertaining to the job specifications.
We do NOT accept email applications unless otherwise stated.
Successful candidates must, by the start of the employment, have permission to work in the UK.