MDG Group is a small, adaptable cost-management consultancy with an intelligent, motivated team that is keen to provide excellent customer service.
£17,000. Full-time for 6 months with the possibility of a permanent job and salary increase for the right candidate(s).
Start date: 1st July 2015 but flexible
MDG Group operates from a serviced office which sits on the River Tay on the south side of Perth. The business currently consists of organising and managing business supply contracts for:
In addition MDG Telecoms is a telecoms service provider – lines, calls and broadband as well as voice over IP. Additional services include renewable energy advice and implementation, and carbon reduction consultancy.
MDG Group wishes to grow significantly over the next ten years, targeting an annual growth rate of 21%. The successful candidates will be responsible for a portfolio of clients, ensuring effective procurement strategies are adopted for their supply contracts.
• Carrying out a full tender exercise for your customer’s supply contracts at the time of renewal
• Attending meetings organised with potential new customers, identifying and discussing the customer’s needs
• Analysing the information subsequently provided by the potential new customer and presenting the results of a full tender
• Administration of agreed contracts
• Preparing sales invoices
• Carrying out regular review meetings with current customers to discuss services provided and to sell additional complementary services
• Identifying new customer targets, monitoring and recording progress with these targets and providing measurements of conversion from target to customer
• Lead generation through advertising and networking
• Reviewing products and pricing strategies
• General business management
MDG Group is looking for a graduate with a strong desire for success and an excellent team ethic. The ideal candidate will have an entrepreneurial drive and the capacity and desire to develop into a business leader. Ideally, the candidate will hold a degree in a business related area, or will have experience in this field. However, applications from individuals who are enthusiastic about the idea of being in business and who are prepared to work hard and to grow within the business will be favourably received.
You should have excellent communication skills (written and oral) and be confident when presenting information to clients and colleagues. Previous experience of a client-facing role is desirable.
Closing date for applications is 25 June 2015, 5pm.
Please submit a CV and brief covering letter through the Adopt an Intern online application form on our website. Please state a) your availability and b) how you meet the requirements of the job specification. We do NOT accept e-mail applications unless otherwise stated.