Based in Edinburgh but servicing clients across Europe, Arum is a fast-growing, niche consultancy.
£22-25,000 depending on experience
Full-time for an initial 6 months with strong potential of a permanent position
Start date: August
Arum strive to deliver truly independent advice, offering clients collections and recoveries solutions which are fit for their business objectives. Typical clients are banks, utilities and global Business Process Outsourcing organisations (BPOs). With firm growth plans over the next 2-3 years Arum is a fast moving business looking to expand their team of Analysts.
Arum is looking for 2 confident Analysts, to assist their Consultants in delivering best practice advice and support to clients as needed on a project. You will assist with carrying out full or part reviews of a client’s collection and recovery operation or working on clients’ transformational change projects.
The successful candidates will need to engage professionally with clients, using and constructing tools and templates to deliver findings and reports in a structured manner
Key tasks will include (but are not restricted to):
• Analyse business requirements and translate into system design
• Design, Develop and Test of Collection System Strategies
• Participate in meetings/ workshops
• Assist with Technical Solution Support within a Credit Management System scope
• Delivery of system configuration to quality standards within agreed timescales
• Data mapping/modelling and analysis
• Produce documentation to a high level to support project areas
• Fully understand client brief and act accordingly
• Preparing reports and business cases
• Managing stakeholders on project engagements
• Build technical experience in a wide range of applications
The ideal candidate will have an undergraduate degree in Computing Science/IT/Information Systems. You will have exceptional interpersonal and communication skills; demonstrating active listening skills and a professional, consultative style. This is crucial for gaining the trust and confidence of clients – some of whom are senior executives. This includes your written and telephone communication – and your ability to work successfully as part of a team. You must be prepared to work away (Mon-Fri) from home, as well as be able to work from the Edinburgh office as needed on projects.
You will also be able to demonstrate some ability in the following IT / Technical skills:
• Experience of Programming, Software life cycle and /or alternative modern methodologies such as Agile, System integration concepts such as Client / Server, Database / Front end, web technologies etc
The following technical skills are desirable, but not essential:
• SQL & Java
• Understanding of Software Testing and Defect Management
• Strong and proven problem solving and analysis skills
• Collections Operational experience
• Experience of Collections workflow systems
You should be proficient in using Microsoft Office and the internet. You must have the right to work and travel in UK and Europe – this will be checked as part of the recruitment process at an early stage.
Closing date for applications is 3 August 2015, 5pm.
An assessment centre/initial interview will be held in August 2015
Please submit a CV and brief covering letter through the Adopt an Intern online application form on our website. State a. your availability and b. how you meet the requirements of the post. Please tell us the location you would wish to work in if you have a preference. We do NOT accept e-mail applications unless otherwise stated.