Location: Linwood, Glasgow with significant domestic & overseas travel
£22,000 - £25,000 per annum (depending on experience)
Closing date: 17 May 2019, 12 noon
About the Company
"PlanB Consulting is one of the leading business continuity and crisis management consultancies in the UK, ensuring that organisations around the world have access to a robust, reliable ‘plan B’ when a disruption occurs. Our consultancy team helps to develop recovery strategies of organisations in both public and private sectors, as well as training and testing their response teams against realistic scenarios in safe learning environments.
PlanB Consulting’s main objective is to provide high-quality and innovative Business Continuity consultancy to clients, to protect and preserve their organisation from risks and allow for swift and effective recovery from disruptive incidents.
The Company Headquarters are located in Linwood, near Glasgow, with additional office premises in London."
For more about PlanB Consulting, see their website.
PlanB Consulting is currently on the lookout for a Graduate Consultant to join their award-winning team. Graduate Consultants play an important role in building PlanB Consulting’s reputation for quality service by supporting Consultants in the delivery of Business Continuity and Crisis Management consultancy, exercises and training to clients worldwide.
With a supportive, hard-working team alongside you, PlanB Consulting is offering the chance to make a real difference in organisations worldwide. As part of this dynamic team, you’ll be responsible for assisting with projects of all shapes and sizes, including consultancy and training, as well as helping the business to secure new clients and continue its commercial success. This is the perfect role for someone looking to take the first step in their resilience career.
Reporting to the Director of Operations, you will be:
• Supporting consultants’/directors’ delivery of on-and-off-site client consulting to maintain and build upon PlanB Consulting’s reputation
• Assisting with the development and delivery of exercises and training courses in Business Continuity and Crisis Management to a high standard and in line with PlanB Consulting’s values
• Taking notes during on-site delivery, client meetings and calls and during Business Continuity interviews, writing up results and following up on actions
• Working with Consultants and the Sales & Marketing Manager to develop proposals and sales collateral
• Contributing to the continual improvement of internal procedures and processes
• Assisting Consultants, Business Support Manager and Company Directors as required
The ideal person for this role will be a graduate with a Risk or Business Management degree with excellent written communication skills, a can-do attitude and someone who feels comfortable presenting to senior audiences.
• Ability to produce high-quality, formal written reports with an excellent standard of English
• Experience of delivering presentations
• Excellent time management and prioritisation of activities
• Ability to self-motivate
• Higher education qualification e.g. MA, MSc
• Excellent communication and interpersonal skills which will help facilitate strong working relationships with clients and colleagues
• Flexible and dynamic, with a strong work ethic and willingness to engage in regular travel across the UK and globally
• Honest and trustworthy, with an open and transparent approach to delivering all work
• Previous knowledge in the fields of Business Continuity, Crisis Management, Information Security and/or Disaster Recovery
• Experience of delivering work in a consulting environment
In addition, you should display strong evidence and development of ability in PlanB Consulting’s Core Competencies:
• Attention to Detail and Organisation
• Client Relationship Management
• Problem Solving
• Team Working and Collaboration
For this role, PlanB Consulting will offer a competitive salary, fully funded professional certification in business continuity and the chance to be mentored by some of the most respected and decorated consultants in the industry.
You’ll receive hands-on training while working with some of the biggest names in global business, both from their headquarters in Glasgow and with domestic and international travel, as well as a development programme tailored to your goals and ambitions within the company.
If you have any questions about this role or the organisation please contact firstname.lastname@example.org. Please do not under any circumstances contact the employer directly as doing so may negatively impact your employment opportunity.
Closing date for applications is 17 May 2019, 12 noon.
Please submit a CV and tailored Cover Letter through the Adopt An Intern online application form by clicking “Apply” on our website. All applications must be submitted by 12 noon on the closing date. In your Cover Letter, please state: A) your availability and B) relevant information on your skills/experience pertaining to the job specifications. We do NOT accept email applications unless otherwise stated.
Successful candidates must, by the start of the employment, have permission to work in the UK.