The Graduate Intern Analyst (“GIA”) will assist in the Research and Insight Analyst (“R&IA”) in providing consistent key insights from a wide range of research sources to assist with business growth/stability with a concise dissemination of information.
£7.50 per hour, 20-22 hours per week (to be agreed with successful candidate) for 12 weeks
The Graduate Intern Analyst (“GIA”) will assist in the R&IA in conducting market & product trend analysis, interpretation of findings and producing the associated narrative. This work is vitally important for both client-facing and internal decision making and influencing.
As a Graduate Intern Analyst you will allow research to be spread further throughout Percepta and as part of an “education” theme, can inform and educate wider areas of the business. In particular, the intern will be involved in highlighting key trends in the marketplace, competitor activities and a “future state” that both Percepta and their clients can work towards. In turn, the research will enhance their ability to innovate, allow key parties within Percepta to expand their current knowledge and expertise, and help develop future strategies that will ultimately help grow their own and their clients’ businesses.
The GIA will assist the R&IA to maintain effective working relationships, actively encourage others to collaborate and share opinions, and may well collaborate with external parties to deliver key insights and trends to the business.
The GIA will also undertake some customer survey design and administration, working with corporate software to assist with aspects of survey management. This covers requirements capture, research, administration, design and reporting activity in relation to the management of surveys for clients. All product output should bear testimony to an extremely high standard of accuracy and presentation and the individual should be an excellent communicator, capable of influencing and supporting both client and internal management. The GIA will work with the other specialists in Professional Services (PS), and with all geographies as required, to maximise global benefit.
Within this role your main duties and responsibilities will be:
Research and Data Analytics
• Proactive market trend identification and monitoring, using PS team statistical analysis resource where required
• Ad-hoc requests to gather information for validation of market, product, client, prospect or concept positioning
• Production of insight for International business leaders to utilise in strategic decisions.
• Design and implementation of surveys utilising Qualitrics survey tool to help further Percepta’s clients businesses.
• Production of research papers and presentations based on research findings, to support any Percepta response to operational, client or market trends
• Creation of value-adding, intellectual property to the highest professional standard.
• Develop and promote alternative methods to distribute research findings i.e. pods, vids etc
• To create/maintain a credible Research practice which can provide timely information to senior management in order to maintain business success
• Evaluating new ways of doing things, presenting info to keep us keen i.e. Prezi, soundbites
• To effectively present findings to the highest company levels internally or externally, face to face or using remote mediums
• To work effectively on any project as directed and agreed with Line Manager
• Work effectively and co-operatively with colleagues and provide full support to operations and clients as and when required
There could be the requirement to work outside of the normal office working day and at weekends to support immediate business/sales proposals. Travel within the UK, or abroad and overnight stays may also be required.
The ideal intern will have a background in marketing, mathematics, statistics, science or other relevant discipline with previous experience of marketing, research and/or BI functions. Experience and/or understanding of statistics and continuous improvement methodologies would be advantageous.
You will have an in depth understanding of all office suite tools (MS Excel, MS Word and MS Powerpoint). You will have an exceptionally high level of presentation skills – a strong flair for design and proficiency in design would be beneficial. You will be a creative and innovative ‘ideas’ person who seeks to actively identify gaps and improvement opportunities.
A confident communicator you will have the ability to share share learnings at multiple levels of operation, tailoring delivery and content accordingly. You should have the ability to influence staff to Senior Management level to resolve issues and concerns raised and prioritise activities in a fast-paced and dynamic environment. You should have the ability to communicate & share learning at multiple levels of operation, tailoring delivery and content accordingly.
You should have demonstrable understanding/experience of practical research and report writing and the ability to use statistical tools to translate data into meaningful information. A scientific and analytical mindset would be advantageous. You should have the ability to work both alone and as part of a team. You must be able to coordinate with other business functions and have an understanding of the dynamics of change management. You will have a professional in attitude and presentation and be a good relationship builder.
Closing date for applications is 19 February 2015, 5pm.
Please submit a CV and brief covering letter through the Adopt an Intern online application form on our website. State a. your availability and b. How you meet the requirements of the job specification. We do NOT accept e-mail applications unless otherwise stated.