£18,000 per annum
Full-time, 12 months contract (35 hours per week)
Closing date: 13 March 2018, 12 noon
About the Company
Trtl is a travel retail brand based in Glasgow that specialises in creating and exporting innovative travel products. The inspiration to start Trtl came after a motivational and passionate speech given by Sir Tom Farmer of Kwik Fit speaking of the adventures he had when creating his company, to Michael Corrigan and David Kellock’s Mechanical Engineering class at the University of Strathclyde.
Trtl's first product on the market is the Trtl Pillow. It was created by Michael and David as a solution to a problem that most travellers experience: not being able to sleep on a flight. The Trtl Pillow is the travel pillow reinvented and is a comfortable way to help you sleep on the go. It can be used when travelling by car, plane or train to help you sleep in a better ergonomic position than standard “u-shaped” travel pillows.
We are a small team with massive ambition and are looking to grow into a globally recognised brand, synonymous with travel, comfort and innovation by expanding our team. At Trtl, we believe that if you sleep well, you create a foundation to experience more. Our goal in everything that we do is to help you be ready for whatever adventure life throws at you.
This is an exciting role where you will assist our current Marketing Manager and Marketing team, to support our Chinese market. The main purpose of the role is to create and manage a marketing strategy for developing our current and future brands into the Chinese market.
Your main tasks will be...
• To support the Marketing Manager in the overseeing of the delivery of all brand and marketing activities reflecting Trtl's core delivery and purpose.
• To support and contribute to the effectiveness of the Company in identifying products and markets (especially in the Chinese market), suggesting sales strategies and approaches.
• To understanding copywriting in Mandarin language.
• To understand the Chinese marketplace and consumer behaviour.
• To have an awareness of Influencers and trends in the Chinese market.
• To undertake initial market research for introducing our brand into the Chinese market on E-commerce platforms such as T-Mall, Taobao, JD.com, Weibo and WeChat.
• Research and create an initial launch strategy in respect of our Trtl brand in China. This will include rebranding and identifying the optimal positioning of our brand in this market in addition to market segmentation.
• To support the planning and execution of all digital marketing, including SEO.SEM, Facebook advertising, marketing database, email, social media and display advertising campaigns.
We are looking for someone who is self-motivated and highly organised. To have a good knowledge and market research on the Chinese e-commerce platforms, as well as having excellent job task planning and organisational skills.
In addition, you should also have the following skills:
• To be fluent in Mandarin.
• To be highly creative and enterprising.
• To be commercially aware.
• To embrace collaboration and teamwork.
• Have a knowledge of the different digital channels and website analytics tools (inclusive of Chinese social media and marketing).
• Excellent organisational skills and to be able to work smart.
• To be effective when holding conversations with customers and customer-focused product development.
• Can see the big picture and provide useful advice and input across the company.
• Attention to detail/detail orientated.
• Pro-active and enthusiastic.
You’ll fit in if…
• You have a cracking sense of humour! And can tolerate a bad joke or two.
• You have a zest for life, seeking new opportunities and don’t mind taking the bumpy road sometimes to get where you want to be.
• You are not scared of the real challenge of the turbulent start-up life.
Closing date for applications is 13 March 2018, 12 noon.
Please submit a CV and covering letter through the Adopt An Intern online application form on our website. All applications must be submitted by 12 noon on the closing date. State A) your availability and B) relevant information on your skills/experience pertaining to the job specifications. We do NOT accept email applications unless otherwise stated.
Successful candidates must, by the start of the employment, have permission to work in the UK.APPLY