PWMZ are looking for a graduate to join their team as a Paraplanner to support the Financial Planner in providing high quality, compliant financial planning and advice to their clients.
Location: Near St Andrews
£8-9 per hour. Potential for Permanent full-time position with pay and performance review after 3 months
The role is a technical function to support the Principal and will involve liaising with the Principals regarding clients’ objectives, circumstances and requirements, analysing suitable options and preparing recommendations for the Principal to introduce to the client as part of their financial plan.
As a Paraplanner, you will be accountable for:
• Providing research and administrative support to the Planner to develop suitable client recommendations
• Producing all relevant paperwork and regulatory requirements for the Planner to present potential solutions to clients.
• Producing compliant and detailed Client Suitability Reports
• Assisting in the management of client relationships including attendance at client meetings, receiving client phone calls and providing information if requested.
• Producing regular client portfolio reviews, technical and industry updates with relevant additional commentary to support the client proposition.
• Liaising on a proactive basis with the Planner on a regular and structured basis to work on cases and provide updates.
Key responsibilities will include:
• Contacting prospects or clients to
- arrange meetings and update current information
- answer general questions about financial planning or technical elements of the client’s arrangements
- gather necessary information from client so that a financial analysis can be completed
• Reviewing the client’s financial statements, legal documents, and other data.
• Preparing summaries of:
- the client’s goals and objectives
- the client’s present situation
- the effect of their current arrangements on future circumstances using relevant financial planning tools
• Preparing detailed options for the Planner to consider supporting the client’s financial planning objectives.
• Preparing calculations summarising the clients investment management needs, critical illness, disability and life insurance needs.
• Preparing proposals for the solution that the planner has selected for the client including approved product illustrations and literature and establish details on the chosen investment platform where applicable.
• Managing the delivery of ongoing service requirements, maintaining accurate OWS and CRM records.
• Producing client-facing material in preparation for ongoing service meetings.
This role will involve additional responsibilities relating to compliance, financial control, research and client communication.
The successful graduate will have a very high degree of numeracy and literacy skills. You will have a good attention to detail and strong personal organisation skills. You will have the ability to prioritise your workload, understand and identify issues and resolve disputes in an effective manner including the ability to manage client expectations and internal stakeholders
You will be a strong team player with an outstanding work ethic and the ability to deliver to tight deadlines. Strong communication skills gained within a client-facing role are essential for this role.
You should be IT literate with the ability to use Email, Microsoft Office (including Word, PowerPoint and Excel), Database management tools, CRM systems and a readiness to learn new software packages as required.
Knowledge of, and a background in the Financial Service market, including core products/tax wrappers, UK taxation regime or fund management, would be highly regarded.
Closing date for applications 16 April 2015, 5pm.
Please submit a CV and brief covering letter through the Adopt an Intern online application form on our website. All applications must be submitted by 5pm on the closing date. State a. your availability and b. relevant information on your skills/experience pertaining to the job spec. We do NOT accept e-mail applications unless otherwise stated.