Circa £20,000 per annum dependent on experience
Full-time, contract (35 hours per week)
Closing date: 28 March 2018, 12 noon
About the Company
Trtl is a travel retail brand based in Glasgow that specialises in creating and exporting innovative travel products. The inspiration to start Trtl came after a motivational and passionate speech given by Sir Tom Farmer of Kwik Fit speaking of the adventures he had when creating his company, to Michael Corrigan and David Kellock’s Mechanical Engineering class at the University of Strathclyde.
Trtl's first product on the market is the Trtl Pillow. It was created by Michael and David as a solution to a problem that most travellers experience: not being able to sleep on a flight. The Trtl Pillow is the travel pillow reinvented and is a comfortable way to help you sleep on the go. It can be used when travelling by car, plane or train to help you sleep in a better ergonomic position than standard “u-shaped” travel pillows.
Trtl are a small team with massive ambition and are looking to grow into a globally recognised brand, synonymous with travel, comfort and innovation by expanding our team. At Trtl, they believe that if you sleep well, you create a foundation to experience more. The goal in everything that Trtl do is to help you be ready for whatever adventure life throws at you.
This is an exciting role where you will join and support the expanding Supply Chain Team for Trtl's rapidly growing international business. You will also contribute to the performance and strategic development of this team, to drive forward continuous improvements within Trtl's Supply Chain innovation.
Your main tasks will be:
• Support the Supply Chain team in the sourcing of Chinese suppliers for samples and ensure successful production
• Manage production to ensure that orders are completed to an agreed date and conform with customer(s) and other requirements
• Schedule stocks delivered to Trtl warehouses by means of international deliveries and national deliveries
• Arrange worldwide orders delivered to retailers
• Monitor stock levels and communication with international warehouses
• Oversee the arrival of shipments
• Co-ordinate trips to China and contact suppliers and factories for meetings and translate when necessary
Trtl are looking for someone who is self-motivated and highly organised. To have a good knowledge and market research on the Chinese e-commerce platforms, as well as having excellent job task planning and organisational skills.
In addition, you should also have the following skills:
• Are fluent in Mandarin
• Preferably, to have experience within a supply chain or manufacturing background
• Highly organised; highly numerate and have excellent communication skills
• Demonstrate excellent planning skills and an ability to understand demand and lead time production
• Have the ability to work in a fast-moving and time sensitive manner
• Are commercially aware
• Embrace collaboration and teamwork
• Have excel Microsoft skills, i.e. Excel, Word
• Attention to detail/detail orientated
• Pro-active and enthusiastic
You’ll fit in if…
• You have a cracking sense of humour! And can tolerate a bad joke or two.
• You have a zest for life, seeking new opportunities and don’t mind taking the bumpy road sometimes to get where you want to be.
• You are not scared of the real challenge of the turbulent startup life.
Closing date for applications is 28 March 2018, 12 noon.
Please submit a CV and covering letter through the Adopt An Intern online application form on our website. All applications must be submitted by 12 noon on the closing date. State A) your availability and B) relevant information on your skills/experience pertaining to the job specifications. We do NOT accept email applications unless otherwise stated.
Successful candidates must, by the start of the employment, have permission to work in the UK.