£9.00 per hour
Full-time, 35 hours per week for 3 months
Closing date: 15 April 2019, 12 noon
Interview date: 24 April 2019
About the Company
"Changeworks - Delivering positive low carbon living."
Changeworks is one of Scotland’s largest environmental charities with over 30 years’ experience. Working with organisations, communities and individuals, Changeworks delivers practical solutions that reduce carbon emissions, fuel poverty and waste by managing resources more efficiently.
Changeworks is a national organisation with around 200 employees and volunteers in Edinburgh, Inverness, Shetland, Orkney, the Western Isles and Argyll amongst other locations.
Changeworks is a Living Wage Employer, also retaining Investors in People and Investing in Volunteers national standards and the environmental management accreditation ISO 14001. Changeworks is a Cycle Friendly Employer with a thriving Green Team.
You will be joining a small, but passionate, HR team within Changeworks. Following an organisational re-structure you'll be assisting the team to ensure that all forms, policies and other internal documents now refer to the Directorate/Team structure.
The role will also involve:
• Complete backlog filing and maintenance
• Learning current HR system (OpenPeople to a basic level – training will be given)
• Preparing and issuing routine management reports (training will be given)
• Working with the Marketing Team to ensure website is up to date
• Also identifying those staff ending probation and arranging staff photos
• Setting up email folders
• Collating applications and sharing with the recruiting team
• Arranging interviews with candidates
• Communicating with unsuccessful applicants
• Prepare and maintain employee files – build files with interview notes, right to work documents etc.
• Managing the new employee checklist which includes requesting and chasing references etc.
• Processing induction paperwork
• Processing proofs
• Disclosure administration
• Keep probation process up to date (liaising with Marketing Team as above)
• Leavers process
• Assist in the organisation of employee training courses and wellness initiatives
• Chase and record appraisals
• On the job eBis training for employees (training will be given to allow for this)
This is an exciting opportunity to join a values-driven organisation, supporting the team’s daily operations, managing the internal processes that ensure their vital environmental efforts can continue efficiently.
The ideal candidate will be educated to degree level in Human Resource management and have some experience of working with databases. You will be able to accurately complete and deliver all administrative duties to a high quality and in a timely manner. You will be involved in all aspects of HR, supporting and freeing up some of the time of the current team.
The following skills are relevant to the role:
• Computer literate with the ability to pick up software and its uses quickly. You should already be familiar with Microsoft Office
• Excellent attention to detail and accuracy
• Decision-making and problem-solving skills
• Ability to prioritise and work to deadlines
• Excellent organisational and time-management skills
• Some administrative experience preferred
• Proven communication skills, both written and oral (telephone and face-to-face)
• Good interpersonal skills
• Good team player with enthusiasm for the role
• Acting in a professional manner, particularly in dealing with confidential and sometimes sensitive or personal information
• Willingness to take responsibility and initiative for own personal development
If you have any questions about this role or the organisation please contact email@example.com. Please do not under any circumstances contact the employer directly as doing so may negatively impact your employment opportunity.
Closing date for applications is 15 April 2019, 12 noon.
Interviews will be held on Wednesday 24 April 2019.
Interview format and length: 30-minute interview.
Please submit a CV and tailored Cover Letter through the Adopt An Intern online application form by clicking “Apply” on our website. All applications must be submitted by 12 noon on the closing date. In your Cover Letter, please state: A) your availability and B) relevant information on your skills/experience pertaining to the job specifications. We do NOT accept email applications unless otherwise stated.
Successful candidates must, by the start of the employment, have permission to work in the UK.