Location: Edinburgh office, and home-based
£9.00 per hour
20 hours per week for 3 months
Closing date: 18 March 2019, 12 noon
About the Company
Business as usual isn’t working. It is getting hot in here, the ice caps are melting, the money and opportunity are stuck in Silicon Valley, many people are disinvited and disincluded from participating. The world’s current model of work involves too much commuting, polluting and is not sustainable for people, planet or more equal purpose.
The AnywhereWorks mission is simple: to change how the world works, by helping people work anywhere.
FULL Creative is a foundry for new ideas - AnywhereWorks being a major one. Over twenty years, they’ve evolved from being a long-distance carrier based in their founder’s garage into a provider of diverse products and services with a mission to change how the world works.
Working from a foundational belief that ideas aren’t bound by place & time and that implementation shouldn’t be either, the organisation builds software & services that empower people to communicate, collaborate, and produce their work anywhere.
With bases in the US, India, and Scotland, their business model is one of collaborative curiosity, rethinking the way businesses operate so they can be improved for people, planet, and profit.
Learn more about the company here.
You will have the opportunity to be exposed to many facets of HR. You will be responsible for representing the department in all professional settings as you interact with employees frequently throughout the day. In a virtual world, security is a top priority. The ability to manage confidential information in strict confidence will be an everyday expectation in this role.
While leaders help facilitate your growth and learning, it will ultimately be your responsibility to take initiative and get involved. You will be accountable for providing status reports and project analysis to department leadership, and working cross-functionally to enhance HR service levels. You will serve as a contact for inbound HR related messages and will use your knowledge base and case management tools to help employees and managers resolve their human resources enquiries.
As this is an internship programme that is genuinely interested in your development and growth, there will be plenty of emphasis placed on generating creative ideas between you, your fellow interns and the wider product and marketing teams at AnywhereWorks.
You will work 1 day in the office in central Edinburgh and the remainder of your hours from home.
The ideal candidate will be pursuing an undergraduate or graduate degree in Human Resource Management or related field.
• Basic HR knowledge.
• Excellent verbal and written communication skills.
• The ability to uphold AnywhereWorks' culture and support the execution of company initiatives.
• Ability to analyse large quantities of data, partnering closely with team leads and managers on complex and/or multi-layered cases, trend identification, and risk mitigation.
• Strong interpersonal and facilitation skills. Must possess a general curiosity and willingness to problem solve.
• Ability to work independently as well as part of a team.
• Adapt to shifting priorities. Be comfortable working in an evolving organisational structure.
• Must have an outstanding customer focus, organisation, and attention to detail.
• Proficiency in Microsoft Office (Word, Excel, PowerPoint, Outlook) or Google Suite tools.
• Build trust and credibility.
• Demonstrate respect and due diligence in sensitive situations. Must use exceptional judgement in case management.
To successfully work from home your system needs to meet some minimum requirements:
• You should have a high-speed Internet connection, such as Cable/Fios. By high-speed, we mean a download speed of at least 2 Mbps and an upload speed of at least 1.5 Mbps.
• DSL is allowed, just not DSL Satellite.
• The nuts and bolts: working speakers, screen resolution of at least 1280x800, 2.0 GHz processor(or higher), 2GB or more of system memory (RAM), and Windows XP, Vista, or Windows 7 and 8.
• Two monitors come in handy, but one will do!
At AnywhereWorks, employees are trusted to work hard and to a high standard, so you will need to be able to show initiative and self-motivation, and the self-awareness to see how your personal working style is best utilised for the greatest potential in a distributed working environment.
As for much of time you will be working remotely, you will be happy and confident about reaching out to others and sharing ideas in a team and for those ideas to be collaboratively critiqued so that only the best are taken forward.
If you have any questions about this role or the organisation please contact firstname.lastname@example.org. Please do not under any circumstances contact the employer directly as doing so may negatively impact your employment opportunity.
Closing date for applications is 18 March 2019, 12 noon.
To apply submit a CV and brief covering letter using the Adopt an Intern online application form on our website. All applications must be submitted by noon on the closing date. State A) your availability and B) relevant information on your skills/experience pertaining to the job spec and C) any live web links to written work that demonstrate your ability and approach to online communication.
We do NOT accept e-mail applications unless otherwise stated.
Successful candidates must, by the start of the employment, have permission to work in the UK.