As one of the local authorities at the heart of Scotland, Stirling Council is looking to recruit a graduate intern to provide support within the HR Operations team.
£8.00 per hour. Full-time (with potential for part-time hours)
Initially for 6 months, with possible extension for the right candidate.
July 2015 start.
Working within the HR department of Stirling Council, you will support the Council’s HR Operations team to process a variety of employment related activity and to participate in re-design processes which will increase efficiency. You will be responsible for:
• Arranging the chiropody clinic and Healthy Working Lives clinic
• Recording Return to Works, following absence onto the HR System, and following up on absence queries for payroll
• File retrieval and file returns
• Preparing various letters for employment contracts
• Processing Family Leave requests
• Preparing absence statistics.
• Arranging Escort cover for clients
• Processing invoices
• Any other tasks that are required to be completed
The successful interns will be educated to degree level with a background in Human Resource Management or Business Management. Ideally you will be CIPD qualified, or working towards this.
It is essential that you are organised and able to work to deadlines. You are not afraid to use your initiative, and you can demonstrate a pro-active approach.
You will be professional and discrete in dealing with confidential and sometimes sensitive/personal information. You will be able to demonstrate excellent communication skills, both written and oral. You will have strong IT skills, and be confident using MS Office programmes.
Closing date for applications is 5 July 2015, 5pm.
Please submit a CV and brief covering letter through the Adopt an Intern online application form on our website. State a. your availability and b. How you meet the requirements of the job specification. We do NOT accept e-mail applications unless otherwise stated.