£25,000 – £45,000 per annum (depending on experience)
Closing date: 17 December 2019, 12 noon
About the Company
“Good-Loop is a platform that puts video ads on websites.
But: if you watch one of our ads, the advertiser gives half the money to charity.
We currently serve 1.6m ad impressions a month, with clients including Unilever, Kit-Kat, and Canon. Last year we raised over £200,000 for good causes – such as medical aid, educating children, helping the homeless, tackling mental health issues. We are turning ads from a nuisance to be blocked, into a shared positive moment (which works better for the advertiser too). Our company mission is to make ethical more profitable.”
Learn more about Good Loops ethical adverts here.
Want to make a better world? Good-Loop is looking for a passionate data-science-savvy developer to work on machine learning / AI that raises money for charity and empowers internet users.
The role includes the following tasks:
• Establish data analysis processes
• Extract insight and recommendations from that process
• Handle, prepare and validate raw data
• Coding. This role includes more software development than the average data-science post!
• Automating data collection via APIs
The data sets you’ll be working with:
• Low-level logs of advert bids and user interactions
• High-level performance data from a few systems
• Social media data, including free-form text
This is an exciting chance to apply coding and cutting-edge machine learning / AI / data-science work in a worthwhile way, working with a top team.
The ideal candidate will be a graduate of a subject requiring strong analytical, data science skills, and IT skills, for instance, Mathematics or Machine Learning. However, specific qualifications are not required as long as your abilities match the list of requirements below. You’ll be a forward-thinking individual with a willingness to learn and help the team grow.
• Programming experience - this can be in any language, provided it shows your capability.
• Good communication skills
• Able to work in a team
• Yet independent enough to manage your own work
• Passion for tech for good innovation
• Quick learner
• Reliable worker
• Must have example code that you can send us (see Application section*)
• Time-series analysis
• Deep learning (TensorFlow or PyTorch - bonus points for TensorFlow in Java)
• Machine learning
• HTML + CSS
• Mathematical / technical qualifications
• Knowledge of advertising and marketing
• Experience working as part of an agile development team
• Project management
• UX / User-centred design
• Graphic design / data-visualisation
Don’t be put off if you feel you don’t match up to everything above. It is an exhaustive list! The Good Loop team are simply looking for someone who matches some of these criteria, is willing to grow and learn, and have a positive attitude. If this is you, then please do apply.
If you have any questions about this role or the organisation please contact firstname.lastname@example.org. Please do not under any circumstances contact the employer directly as doing so may negatively impact your employment opportunity.
Closing date: 17 December 2019, 12 noon.
Please submit a CV and tailored Cover Letter through the Adopt An Intern online application form by clicking “Apply” on our website. Examples of what we like to see in a cover letter can be found HERE.
All applications must be submitted by 12 noon on the closing date. In your Cover Letter, please state: A) your availability and B) relevant information on your skills/experience pertaining to the job specifications.
*In your Cover Letter, Good Loop would also like you to provide a link to a short portfolio of your best work (e.g. a github link, or a portfolio website). If possible, they would prefer examples of a hobby project -- a project you did for its own sake (which need not be polished or completed), and of a professional project.
If you need a visa, this is something we can explore and hopefully support.