Location: East Renfrewshire
£9.07 per hour
Full-time for 6 months
About the Company
East Renfrewshire Council was formed in 1996 from Barrhead and Renfrew districts, and sits adjacent to the southern border of Glasgow City Council. Its population of 92,380 are split across 5 wards and 11 community council areas. Rural settlements include Eaglesham, Neilston and Newton Mearns while urban areas in the eastern area of the authority include Giffnock, Thornliebank and Stamperland among others. In 2014, 35.2% of the population were aged under 29, making young people a significant age group within the council.
Learn more about East Renfrewshire Council on their website here.
East Renfrewshire Council has an internship opportunity to identify, capture and model the key application and technology components, platforms and services that underpin the council’s Digital Services.
The role will sit within the ICT service and will work closely with key technology staff to consolidate relevant information into the appropriate catalogues, maps and models in the Corporate Architecture Repository.
The successful candidates will have the following key tasks:
• Work with ICT experts to capture knowledge of technology architecture
• Liaise with Council Enterprise Architect to adopt and apply architecture practices and standards to the Council Architecture Repository
• Develop capability in the use of the Council’s architecture repository tool
• Schedule and run knowledge capture sessions with ICT staff
• Review, organise and share workshop outputs for validation
• Research and review existing technology management systems and documentation to help derive required architectural content
• Run import / export routines
• Create application and technology architecture content, catalogues, diagrams, process maps, matrices on the Corporate Architecture Repository
• Liaise with Enterprise Architect to align and link technology information to business architecture components in support of Programme and Project Requirements
• Provide reporting and other outputs from the Corporate Architecture Repository
• Present architecture content to ICT and Council stakeholders to confirm and validate accuracy
• Attend user groups to learn and share knowledge of use of Corporate Architecture Repository
The ideal person will have excellent analysis skills and be interested in helping people use technology to improve their ways of working. You’ll also have an HND, degree or equivalent experience in a relevant subject.
The following are essential to role:
• Strong analysis skills
• Ability to deal with people from various backgrounds and seniority
• Able to translate technical language to customer-friendly language
• Excellent interpersonal and communication skills
• Excellent written and verbal skills
• Basic presentation skills
• Understanding of working under tight deadlines and under pressure
• Ability to manage individual workload
• Knowledge/familiarity of IT Technology/Infrastructure environments
• Ability to use diagramming, mapping or modelling tools (Visio, mindmap, MS Office etc.)
If you have any questions about this role or the organisation please contact firstname.lastname@example.org. Please do not under any circumstances contact the employer directly as doing so may negatively impact your employment opportunity.
Closing date for applications is 25 September 2019, 12 noon.
Please submit a CV and tailored Cover Letter through the Adopt An Intern online application form on our website.
Examples of what we expect in an application can be found HERE. All applications must be submitted by 12 noon on the closing date. State A) your availability and B) relevant experience and demonstrate how your skills match the specific requirements of the job description.
We do NOT accept email applications unless otherwise stated.
Successful candidates must, by the start of the employment, have permission to work in the UK.APPLY