As part of the CEIS Group, CEIS Ayrshire has been delivering a comprehensive package of innovative and flexible employability, training, recruitment and workforce development solutions throughout Ayrshire, Dumfries & Galloway and beyond since 2004.
Location: Saltcoats / Irvine
£7.85 per hour starting wage
Full-time, 35 hours per week for 1 year
Ideal start: September 2015
Working as a Job Broker your main role is to help jobseekers into employment by identifying barriers faced by jobseekers and, with the client, set priorities in addressing these to provide sustainable employment outcomes for job seekers. You will be responsible for locating and negotiating relevant support services on behalf of clients and providing on-going support to jobseekers to motivate and assist them to become socially self-sufficient. You will be expected to meet and exceed targets for employment outcomes.
• Negotiating on behalf of clients with employers
• Interviewing and assessing prospective applicants and matching them with vacancies at client companies
• Organising interviews and selection events
• Helping applicants to prepare for interviews.
• Developing job descriptions / person specifications
• Carrying out bespoke assessment
• Organising work experience
• Organising and where required delivering customised training
• Post-employment support.
Balancing client needs
• Being absolutely clear which jobseekers will be targeted and ensuring the agency has the skills and resources to meet their needs
• Understanding the employer target group and having staff with knowledge of business sectors and its particular skills requirements
• Choosing their funding routes carefully to ensure that contractual obligations do not take them into areas they know little or nothing about.
Identifying the jobseeker’s needs
• Delivering targeted training and support
• Finding the job / Filling the vacancy
• Interview support
• Partnership working
• Understanding the full range of clients, their needs and how to work with them effectively. This includes seeing the employer as a key client within the chain developing an account management approach to working with jobseekers and clients to ensure that a range of services can be brokered through one contact
• Ensuring that post-employment support is provided that meets the needs of the jobseeker and employer to ensure effective retention and ongoing ’business’ from the employer
• Understanding that specialist staff skills may be required to target employment sectors effectively and to sell services (and jobseekers) to employers
• Developing effective partnerships with other job brokerage organisations to meet the range of needs of all of clients
• Understanding the changes required in organisational planning and investment to achieve the above.
The ideal graduate will have a background / interest in Human Resource Management and/or Careers guidance. You will be a strong communicator, comfortable speaking with a broad range of clients from job seekers to management and external employers. An understanding of the business landscape of Scotland would be a strong advantage.
You will be a strong individual, confident working as part of a team and on your own using your own initiative. IT literate, you will have good organisation skills and be able to manage your own time effectively. Previous experience of performing job interviews would be an advantage.
Closing date for applications is Sunday 30 August 2015.
Please submit a CV and brief covering letter through the Adopt an Intern online application form on our website. All applications must be submitted by 5pm on the closing date. State a. your availability and b. relevant information on your skills/experience pertaining to the job spec. We do not accept e-mail applications unless otherwise stated.