Full-time (35 hours)
3-month initial contract (with potential for permanent)
Closing date: 27 February 2019, 12 noon
Interview date: w/c 4 March 2019
About the Company
Pyramid is a Glasgow-based technology company which develops innovative online freedom and privacy products. Their first product is Pyramid, a tiny wireless router that keeps you protected online and unlocks websites and apps globally.
After tremendous momentum in 2018, complemented by a win at the Scottish EDGE Round 13 final in December, the company is enjoying continued success and expansion in 2019.
To learn more about Pyramid and their vision to make online freedom open to anyone, visit their website here.
Although the Pyramid Wi-Fi product may be ‘tech’, the company’s brand identity is not ‘technical’. The brand is not corporate, favouring open, transparent conversation between people in ‘plain English’. The company is well on its way having built a great product, but to really thrive they need a Junior Marketing Executive to share their vision for a better internet with the world.
This is a dynamic role, so enthusiasm is needed as you’ll be wearing lots of hats and refining a range of skills. As part of a small and growing startup responsibilities will include, but not be limited to:
• Working closely with our CEO to help implement the marketing and communications strategy
• Contribute to company social media channels
• Convey the company’s tone of voice in all communications
• Get involved in content creation - brainstorming, writing, editing etc.
• Communicate with target audiences to build and develop customer relationships
• Own and grow Pyramid’s Affiliate Marketing channel, helping to add and communicate with brand partners
• Help with marketing plans, advertising, direct marketing and campaigns
• Support PR opportunities
The role holds tremendous potential for professional progression as the right candidate would find themselves as a key team member in this rapidly growing business. An extension to the initial 3-month period is expected upon review.
This role would suit someone with a marketing/business related degree OR be able to demonstrate an interest/experience in marketing or digital creative work. The candidate will have efficient organisational skills and be able to work under their own initiative.
• You are a positive person and enjoy being challenged
• You have flawless written English
• You have a willingness to be flexible in daily tasks and responsibilities
• You have an eye for design and excellent attention to detail
• You not only have ideas but also can execute (you’re a doer)
• You are able to work independently or as part of a team
• Understand Affiliate Marketing and how to best utilise its powers
• You give really good feedback (and can take it too)
• You want to be part of the team that makes Pyramid!
• You can demonstrate an interest/experience in copywriting, marketing or digital creative work.
• You have some knowledge of Adobe packages e.g. Illustrator, Photoshop etc.
• You have managed marketing/brand projects and outcomes in the past
What Pyramid can offer you:
• Great people. Join 15 other passionate and ambitious people at our growing and collaborative HQ in Glasgow.
• Flex your body and your mind with plenty of learning opportunities and free Gym membership at our neighbouring PureGym
• Flexible working hours. If you’re not a morning person, you’ll be glad to know we focus on results and not when you start.
• Monthly activity outings
• Great culture. We have an authentically good culture as a small and ambitious startup (i.e. not a corporation with bean bags).
• Potential to become a key player in the business, with potential for growth in salary and equity for the right person.
If you have any questions about this role or the organisation please contact email@example.com. Please do not under any circumstances contact the employer directly as doing so may negatively impact your employment opportunity.
Closing date for applications is 27 February, 12 noon.
Please submit a CV and covering letter through the Adopt an Intern online application form on our website. All applications must be submitted by 12 noon on the closing date. State A) your availability and B) relevant information on your skills/experience pertaining to the job specifications. We do NOT accept email applications unless otherwise stated.
Successful candidates must, by the start of the employment, have permission to work in the UK.APPLY