£18,000 - £20,000+ p/a (dependent on experience)
9-month initial contract (with potential for permanent)
Closing date: 28 January 2019, 12 noon
Interview date: W/C 4 February 2019
About the Company
TheVeganKind is a rapidly growing 2-in-1 business — Europe's largest dedicated Vegan Subscription Box Service which include a monthly Lifestyle Box and bimonthly Beauty Box as well as UK’s leading Online Vegan Supermarket which ships vegan cheese, burgers, steaks, doughnuts and more to thousands of delighted customers in the UK and beyond.
They have over 800 five star reviews on Facebook, over 1,600 Feefo reviews on TheVeganKind Supermarket and a total Social Media following of over 350,000+ (TheVeganKind, TheVeganKind Supermarket and Accidentally Vegan UK).
TheVeganKind is at the forefront of taking veganism to the masses and making a completely cruelty-free lifestyle feel accessible to all. After tremendous growth in 2018, the company is enjoying continued success and expansion in 2019.
TheVeganKind is a family-run business consisting of co-founders Karris and Scott as well as an awesome team of 13 other visionaries who work in the Glasgow office and warehouse environment. More information on their vision, values and products can be found on the company website.
Working closely with CEO, Head Buyer & Social Media Manager you will support the implementation of a marketing and communications strategy. The role will have a particular focus on producing digital content for Email Marketing and tracking performance through analytics, plus encouraging engagement with TheVeganKind audience.
Responsibilities will include, but not be limited to:
• Create awareness of and develop the brand you're marketing
• Communicate with target audiences and build and develop customer relationships
• Help with marketing plans, advertising, direct marketing and campaigns
• Support PR opportunities
• Arrange the effective distribution of marketing materials
• Develop relationships with key stakeholders both internal and external
Copywriting and Content Creation
• Assist with copywriting for promotional pieces when required
• Produce creative content, including videos, case studies and blog posts
• Ad design/content design work as required
• Liaise with designers and printers and organise photo shoots
• Create and schedule emails each week, with engaging content, catchy copy and A/B split testing to ensure we are maximising open rates and click through.
• Be involved in developing an overall marketing strategy.
• Create and schedule push notifications each week.
• Own and grow our Affiliate Marketing channel, communicating with existing affiliates regularly and sourcing new ones weekly, helping them get up and running.
• Create & co‐ordinate digital content with our Social Media Manager
• Liaise with magazines and our designer to decide best approach for us when marketing in print format.
• Organise and attend events such as conferences, seminars, receptions and exhibitions
• Ad hoc market research projects including online surveys when required to support marketing decisions
This is an exciting opportunity to join a growing, passionate team who are dedicated to spreading the benefits of a sustainable vegan lifestyle. The role holds tremendous potential for professional development as the right candidate would find themselves as a key team member in this rapidly growing business.
The ideal candidate will be educated to degree level in a marketing/business related subject or be able to demonstrate an interest/experience in marketing or digital creative work. The candidate will have efficient organisational skills and be able to work under their own initiative.
To be successful in this role, you will:
• Be a team player, though happy to work independently when required
• Have strong copywriting skills and an excellent command of both written and spoken English.
• Able to adapt communications to suit different audiences
• Have excellent attention to detail
• Have knowledge and experience of working with Email Service Providers (such as Mail Chimp)
• Understand Affiliate Marketing and how to best utilise it’s powers
• Have strong Microsoft Office skills i.e. Word, Excel, PowerPoint
• Have some knowledge of Adobe packages e.g. Illustrator, Photoshop, particularly digital & video editing
Essential to this role is a firm belief in the values of TheVeganKind and the positive impact that veganism and plant-based living is making to the world. If you are smart, keen, and have a genuine interest in contributing to the marketing and business development efforts of a truly purpose-driven company, then this is the role for you.
If you have any questions about this role or the organisation please contact firstname.lastname@example.org. Please do not under any circumstances contact the employer directly as doing so may negatively impact your employment opportunity.
Closing date for applications is 28 January 2019, 12 noon.
Please submit a CV and covering letter through the Adopt An Intern online application form on our website. All applications must be submitted by 12 noon on the closing date. State A) your availability and B) relevant information on your skills/experience pertaining to the job specifications. We do NOT accept email applications unless otherwise stated.
Successful candidates must, by the start of the employment, have permission to work in the UK.APPLY