£25,000 per annum + benefits
Closing Date: 27 May 2018, 12 noon
About the Company
CEMAR is an IT Engineering firm based in Gloucester, that specialises in providing innovative IT management solution through an intuitive, web-based system which brings compliance, consistency, governance and business intelligence to the management of £75bn of works and service. Some of CEMAR’s largest clients include the likes of BAE Systems, Arcadis and Balfour Beatty.
The CEMAR development and infrastructure team has several decades of professional and practical experience in contract management in the construction industry. The CEMAR team is completely in-house, allowing the organisation to encourage creativity and passion through an open and collaborative working atmosphere. This forward-thinking approach provides an opportunity to work within a culture which promotes personal development and innovation.
This role provides an exciting opportunity to work within an organisation which is recognised industry-wide as a contract management innovator within the construction industry. As a Junior/Graduate Software Developer, you will be responsible for the development and maintenance of the companies’ software solution. CEMAR encourages collaboration, innovation and creativity across its team, so you can be certain that your input will help change the future of the entire organisation.
Your main tasks will be:
• Develop and implement new functionality and features
• Write well-designed, testable code
• Maintain and improve the performance of existing solutions
• Operate in an agile and collaborative environment
• Recommend and investigate improvements to the existing solutions
• Demonstrate and present work to Product Owners and the board when necessary
To effectively contribute to the role as Junior/Graduate Software Developer, CEMAR is looking for someone who has the technical competency and attention to detail to help deliver on what the client requires from their software solution. The candidate must also be eager to learn new skills and within a collaborative and creative environment.
You should also have the following skills:
• Technical competency.
• Knowledge/experience of software development methodologies (e.g. AGILE).
• A logical, analytical and creative approach to problems.
• Thoroughness and attention to detail.
• The ability and willingness to learn new skills and technologies quickly.
Closing date for applications is 27 May 2018, 12 noon.
Please submit a CV and covering letter through the Adopt An Intern online application form on our website. All applications must be submitted by 12 noon on the closing date. State A) your availability and B) relevant information on your skills/experience pertaining to the job specifications. We do NOT accept email applications unless otherwise stated.
Successful candidates must, by the start of the employment, have permission to work in the UK.