Location: Edinburgh Airport
Salary: Law Society of Scotland 2015 recommended rates
Traineeship to commence following a 3 month paid trial period
Ideal start: March 2016
Edinburgh Airport is Scotland's busiest airport. More than 30 airlines serve over 120 destinations and over 11 million passengers travelled through the airport in 2015.
You will be working alongside Edinburgh Airport’s Legal Director providing advice and assistance across the business.
This is a varied role with a very commercial focus. It will include:
• Advising all areas of the business on commercial contracts
• Assisting with contractual governance processes
• Review and implementation of airport-wide policy
• Reviewing and advising on industry legislation and policy
• Dispute avoidance and management
• Working with external lawyers on personal injury cases
• Practical application of the law in a variety of situations
• Experience of company secretarial duties
• Giving training on legal topics
You will be a confident and professional individual able to work in a variety of different settings and situations. You will bring energy to the role and relish the prospect of learning about the business and being empowered to get on with the job.
You will be proficient in IT and have strong communication skills, both written and oral. We are looking for a dynamic individual with good attention to detail and a desire to work with a high performing team in a commercial environment.
You will have completed your LLB and obtained the Diploma in Professional Legal Practice.
Closing date for applications is 21 February 2016, 12 noon.
Please submit a CV and brief covering letter through the Adopt an Intern online application form on our website. State a. your availability and b. How you meet the requirements of the job specification. We do NOT accept e-mail applications unless otherwise stated.
Please confirm your eligibility to work in the UK.