Location: Leith, Edinburgh
£8.45 per hour
Part-time for 12 weeks
Early October Start
Closing Date: 28 August 2017, 12 noon
About the Company
A Modern Way Management is an artist management company who represents a number of acts including Idlewild, Fatherson, Tom Joshua and Stanley Odd, as well as operating a boutique record label.
Established by artist managers Bruce Craigie and Michael Lambert, A Modern Way aims to assist artists in developing all aspects of their career.
Your main tasks will include:
• Supporting senior managers with day to day duties
• Assisting with artist campaigns including liaising with record labels, radio pluggers, distributors, publishers
• Diary management of senior managers and artist teams
• Liaising with artist external teams including booking agents, accountants and lawyers
• Performing administrative duties including basic book keeping and maintaining company records
• Accurately registering and maintaining artist and label PRO accounts (i.e. PRS / PPL)
• Overseeing artist online stores & fulfilling merchandise orders
• Supporting artists with social media campaigns, including Facebook, Twitter, Instagram, YouTube and other platforms.
The candidate should be an outgoing self-starter with a strong work ethic, passion for working in the music industry and a desire to learn new things. They should be able to demonstrate a great deal of initiative, attention to detail and be well organised.
An interest in contemporary music is vital, and should be regular gig goers with an understanding of the UK music business. The candidate should be keen to network and meet new people. Having previously attended music industry conference events will be looked upon favourably.
The candidate should have a firm grasp of social platforms including Facebook, Instagram, Twitter and YouTube. Experience of maintaining a website or blog is also desirable. Administrative experience and an understanding of digital tools including Excel, Dropbox and Google Drive is desirable.
Closing date for applications is 28 August 2017, 12 noon.
Please submit a CV and brief covering letter through the AAI online application form on our website. All applications must be submitted by noon on the closing date. State a. your availability and b. relevant information on your skills/experience pertaining to the job spec. We do NOT accept email applications unless otherwise stated.
Please confirm your eligibility to work in the UK.