Sandler Training offers unique and innovative sales, management and leadership programmes throughout Scotland.
£18,000 per annum pro-rata
This is an exciting opportunity to join a dynamic business and play a pivotal role in developing and implementing their growth strategy. The Marketing and Administration Executive will be responsible for developing and executing the marketing plan. There will also be an element of providing operational and administrative support. In return for hard work from the right person for the post, the team are committed to ensuring that the provision of training, challenge and support results in the development of a range of transferable workplace skills.
This role is essential to the growth of the business. We are a small team and it is essential that this individual can create and own an innovative marketing strategy to generate on- profile leads.
Responsibilities for the role involve (but are not limited to):
Support the development and implementation of the marketing plan
Management of marketing campaigns – from concept to completion
Production of marketing materials
Reporting against marketing KPIs
Identification of new initiatives that will increase brand awareness
Event management including preparing client events, seminars, workshops, business development meetings and other initiatives
Website and Social Media administration
Populating and maintaining customer data stored on the firm’s CRM database
Build customer loyalty via targeted and innovative customer relationship activities
Marketing support and administration
The successful graduate will have a background in marketing or business.
You will be able to demonstrate the following
• Understanding of how to develop and implement marketing strategies
• Self motivated and able to work under own initiative and as part of a team
• Innovative and passionate about implementing new marketing ideas that will help generate on profile leads – must be a completer finisher
• Outstanding interpersonal skills to develop relationships with potential and existing clients
• Excellent written and verbal communications including presentation and telephone skills
• Organised and structured approach to work, with a high level of attention to detail
• Ability to work under pressure and to tight timescales
• Well organised, able to prioritise to meet known objectives/deadlines, along with the flexibility to react well to unplanned changes , this is essential in a small business environment
• Good working knowledge of social media platforms, IT software, including Excel, Word, PowerPoint and other Microsoft Office packages – to name but a few
• Positive and pragmatic attitude
Closing date for applications is 14 September, 2015, 12 noon
Please submit a CV and brief covering letter through the Adopt an Intern online application form on our website. All applications must be submitted by 5pm on the closing date. State a. your availability and b. relevant information on your skills/experience pertaining to the job spec. We do NOT accept e-mail applications unless otherwise stated.APPLY