£22,500 per annum pro rata
Full time for 6 months with a probation review at 2 months
(with potential for permanent)
Start date: 1 April 2019
Closing date: 6 March 2019, 12 noon
Interview date: 22-28 March 2019
About the Company
Weetour is launching a mobile phone application offering subscribers access to a wide range of recorded audio experiences, changing the way users experience a city. Audio content will be written and delivered by local creators – creatives and experts in the city with a story to tell. Weetour is a series of guided walking tours, an audio magazine and range of city-focused podcasts rolled into one.
Covering everything from Edinburgh’s coffee scene to the life of Mary, Queen of Scots, second-hand record shops to foodie delights in Leith, Weetour celebrates deserved projects, creators and businesses in the local community.
Weetour aims to connect city visitors to the local community to begin to combat the growing disconnect between the tourism industry and city residents. Weetour will guide visitors off the beaten track, open up the city and enrich the travel experience.
Weetour is looking for a Marketing & Business Development Assistant who would support with daily marketing operations including brand identity, social media content and fostering PR opportunities. Key to this role is identifying and nurturing partnership opportunities.
Reporting to one of the co-founders in a small but supportive startup team, your responsibilities will include, but not be limited to:
• Identifying and nurturing partnership opportunities
• Marketing campaign support and delivery - online and offline
• Coordinating social media content
• Social media channel management
• Coordinating of and attendance at industry events
• Conducting industry/market research
As with any startup position, there will also be ad hoc administrative and operational responsibilities as the business grows.
This role would suit someone with a marketing/business related degree OR be able to demonstrate an interest/experience in marketing or digital creative work. The ideal candidate would be an outgoing and organised individual, capable of managing their own time and workload.
Essential personal traits:
• Interest/Experience in startups and entrepreneurship
• Open and talkative individual who has a good sense of humour
• Enjoys travelling and exploring cities
• Creative and driven to try new things
• A positive attitude, does not worry about failure
• Can see the bigger picture, does not get stuck in the details
• Able to demonstrate an interest/experience in marketing or digital creative work.
• Be a team player, though happy to work independently when required
• Able to adapt communications to suit different audiences
• Confident user of social media platforms and management tools including Instagram, Facebook, Facebook Business Manager, Twitter, and LinkedIn
If you have any questions about this role or the organisation please contact firstname.lastname@example.org. Please do not under any circumstances contact the employer directly as doing so may negatively impact your employment opportunity.
Closing date for applications is 6 March 2019, 12 noon.
Interviews will take place in March 2019.
Please submit a CV and covering letter through the Adopt an Intern online application form on our website. All applications must be submitted by 12 noon on the closing date. State A) your availability and B) relevant information on your skills/experience pertaining to the job specifications. We do NOT accept email applications unless otherwise stated.
Successful candidates must, by the start of the employment, have permission to work in the UK.