The White Horse Inn is an award winning hotel situated just North of Aberdeen, on the doorstep of some of the finest and oldest golf courses in Scotland. They provide high quality accommodation with a bar and restaurant serving locally sourced cuisine and also host functions including corporate bookings and weddings.
Location: Balmedie, Aberdeenshire
£17,000 - 18,000 pro rata. 25-30 hours per week for 4-6 months (negotiable).
As a Duty Manager with responsibility for marketing, the overall purpose of this role is to achieve the highest standards of customer care and delight. The Duty Manager will focus on maintaining and communicating a professional level of online and events activity which will increase footfall through high levels of awareness online and at point of sale.
Key responsibilities will include:
- Shift management
- Development and training of staff
- Team motivation
- Maintenance of house standards
- Delivering high levels of customer awareness
- Set-up and close-down procedures
- Kitchen liaison
- Public bar development
- Maintaining and updating company website, Facebook and Twitter.
- Collating info, creating and sending out weekly/ fortnightly/ monthly newsletters
- Monitoring and inputting company data
- Researching and gaining knowledge of competitors online material and events to ensure a competitive edge
- Creating new offers and promotion of innovative ideas
- Liaising with supporting bodies
- Originate, and brief in all collateral for unit
- Monitor and organise effective PR in conjunction with unit manager.
The ideal candidate will be educated to degree level with a background in marketing, business, hospitality, languages or travel and tourism. Strong communication and people skills plus an in-depth understanding of marketing are essential (this can be academic qualifications or direct experience). You should be confident in dealing with the general public and passionate in delivering first-class customer service. You should be polite, professional and well presented with a ‘can do’ approach to work.
Excellent time management and strong prioritisation skills will be required for this position. You should have strong organisational skills and be confident when working in an administrative capacity. You should be comfortable working within a team. Previous experience in a leadership or management role would be highly beneficial.
Closing date for applications is 18 November 2014 at 5pm.
Please submit a CV and brief covering letter through the Adopt an Intern online application form on our website. All applications must be submitted by 5pm on the closing date. State a. your availability and b. relevant information on your skills/experience pertaining to the job spec. We do NOT accept e-mail applications unless otherwise stated.