Midlothian Play Base is a non-profit charitable organisation working in partnership with Midlothian Council.
Location: Newtongrange, Midlothian
£7.85 per hour. Part-time, 20 hours per week for 12 weeks
The Play Base Resource Centre provides a range of quality resources to all early learning and childcare providers and professionals within Midlothian aimed at supporting and encouraging a child’s learning through play. The resources are intended to support all areas of a child’s development and offer a broader learning through play experience.
The intern’s main role will be to further develop a Marketing and Fundraising Strategy for Midlothian Play Base that can be used to raise the profile of the organisation, target key areas of potential membership opportunities and to increase overall membership as well as to give direction and focus to the growth of the service and to support funding applications.
Working alongside key staff members, your main tasks and responsibilities will be to:
• Generate ideas and new developments in membership to increase number of new members
• Generate new contacts and potential membership opportunities
• Engage with current members to ascertain current service usage and improve retention levels
• Collate information to develop a membership database
• Increase the profile of the Charity
• Design and produce marketing materials
• Review current web site and offer support and advice on content
• Increase the Charity’s social media presence to retain and increase followers
• Coordinate supporter communications i.e. direct emails, bulletins, fundraising and newsletters
• Evaluate Service Provision
The candidate should have good organisational and communication skills. Have sound knowledge of Marketing and fundraising strategies, digital marketing and print, working knowledge of data base software packages. Some knowledge or experience working within the voluntary sector is desirable. You should be reliable, outgoing and hardworking.
Closing date for applications is 13th February 2015, 5pm
Please submit a CV and brief covering letter through the Adopt an Intern online application form on our website. All applications must be submitted by 5pm on the closing date. State a. your availability and b. relevant information on your skills/experience pertaining to the job spec. We do NOT accept e-mail applications unless otherwise stated.
This Adopt an Intern funded internship has been made possible through the financial support of the European Regional Development Fund (ERDF) with match funding from the Scottish Government. It is part of a "Business Growth Programme" supporting the third sector, micro businesses and SMEs and contributes to our wider focus of boosting economic stability by investing in graduates. These are paid, meaningful, capacity-building internships, with monitored outcomes.