Location: Home Based in Central Scotland, with regular meetings in Edinburgh
Full-time hours (for a total of 240 hours)
Ideal start: January 2016.
The Scottish Tartans Authority was formed in 1996 as a Scottish registered company with charitable status. They are dedicated to preserving, promoting and advancing Scottish Tartans and this includes their origins, history, manufacture, use and development.
The Scottish Tartans Authority have a number of projects in development and as such are at an important point in their history. Key to their sustainability is increasing the number of private and business members they have. To achieve this they must ensure that they undertake marketing activity that delivers tangible results and raises the profile of the organisation.
In the role you will work closely with the Director in increasing the organisation’s recruitment of members. You will also help to raise the profile of the charity through a range of marketing and communication initiatives.
You must be a highly motivated individual that will contribute to the development of the organisation’s marketing activities to increase membership engagement and subscription. You would play a key role in achieving this, both in the domestic and international market by engaging both potential businesses and private members. In this role you will be required to develop and deliver marketing and communications activities, including digital and design support. It is vital that you are able to work on your own, with guidance and support from the Director. Additional responsibilities will include administrative tasks related to the operational running of the organisation.
• Assisting with the planning and delivery of internal and external communications campaigns.
• Develop a digital and social media strategy that delivers activity that engages businesses, stakeholders and potential private members.
• Assess and provide recommendations on the recruitment and retention of membership, including reviewing operational procedures related to it.
• Assist with the ongoing development of the external website and liaison with IT service providers by regularly updating & reviewing content through CMS. This will including editing the existing content on the website.
• Help to increase traffic to the website and improve the STA’s visibility around the web.
• Monitor Google Analytics and record KPI’s.
• Provide general administrative support for the organisation.
• Design and deliver other marketing activity particularly in relation to the wider Scottish Diaspora.
• Help to plan, design and produce our periodic newsletter, the Tartan Herald.
The ideal intern will be educated to degree level, preferably with a background in Communications, Advertising & Marketing or other relevant discipline. You should also be able to demonstrate the following skills;
• Possess an understanding and knowledge of marketing and business development principles
• Excellent written and verbal communication skills and be a confident user of the web
• A good working knowledge of social media and previous experience of working with them
• Ability to work on your own, organise own work effectively, prioritise competing workloads and working to tight timescales
• An interest in digital communications including content management social media and excellent working knowledge of Facebook and Twitter
• A good understanding of what is required to create a successful integrated marketing campaign
• Flexibility to support the organisation’s other activities where required
• An interest in and / or knowledge of Scottish history and heritage
• You must also have access to a reliable broadband connection to aid working from home.
Closing date for applications is 27 November 2015, 12 noon.
Please submit a CV and brief covering letter through the Adopt an Intern online application form on our website. State a. your availability and b. How you meet the requirements of the job specification. We do NOT accept e-mail applications unless otherwise stated.