Moody Monday is an innovative fresh micro startup specialising in design-led hand-printed wallpaper, fabric and home accessories.
£7.85 per hour. Part-time, 20 hours per week for 12 weeks
The Marketing and Social Media Intern will play an active role in the development of Moody Monday’s online community. The intern will maintain Moody Monday’s presence across various social media platforms (Facebook, Instagram, Twitter & Pinterest), whilst helping to create and publish content that is relevant to their consumer profile. The intern will be responsible for regularly analysing and reporting on the activity across the platforms. They will also assist in maintaining Moody Monday’s archive of images, video and other content.
The intern will learn how to reach communities and promote events or products / services through the internet, gaining experience in social media platforms and the tools used to manage their performance.
The responsibilities of the intern will fall under four main projects:
• Update Facebook, Twitter, Pinterest and Instagram accounts
• Respond to posts or comments to bring value to the Moody Monday customer
• Post updates, news and announcements in a timely manner
• Perform research to find articles, stories and other content that is relevant to our customer base and post it in a way that encourage conversation and discussion
• Grow Moody Monday’s social networks by increasing fanbase and interactions
• Take pictures and video to be developed into appropriate content
• Upload videos and images to the appropriate Dropbox account
• Organise and archive digital media images and video
• Regularly observe the online activity of model businesses
• Research and report on social media best practices
• Complete other research as required
Analytics & Reporting
• Use Google Analytics to assess trends and activity on the Moody Monday’s website
• Use Facebook and Twitter analytics to gain insight and assess trends on the respective social media pages
• Review data on the performance of social media platforms and adjust plans and strategy to optimise reach
Other duties will include maintaining the relevance of website information and updating content where and when required. The intern will occasionally be required to liaise with relevant media person(s) and/ or other relevant organisation and businesses representing Moody Monday Media with various media and leads follow up.
The ideal graduate will be a creative self-starter who is comfortable with both taking initiative and working in collaboration. You should be detail orientated with strong written and verbal communication skills and a passion for digital marketing.
You will be highly organised and able to manage your own time effectively to meet deadlines. Previous experience of Google Analytics and managing social media for a business would be highly regarded.
Closing date for applications 5 March 2015, at 5pm
Please submit a CV and brief covering letter through the Adopt an Intern online application form on our website. All applications must be submitted by 5pm on the closing date. State a. your availability and b. relevant information on your skills/experience pertaining to the job spec. We do NOT accept e-mail applications unless otherwise stated.
This Adopt an Intern funded internship has been made possible through the financial support of the European Regional Development Fund (ERDF) with match funding from the Scottish Government. It is part of a "Business Growth Programme" supporting the third sector, micro businesses and SMEs and contributes to our wider focus of boosting economic stability by investing in graduates. These are paid, meaningful, capacity-building internships, with monitored outcomes.