The Albert Hotel in Kirkwall, Orkney Islands offers modern, boutique style hotel rooms with luxury furnishings and a contemporary design for leisure and business breaks.
£7.85 per hour. Part-time for 240 hours
The Albert Hotel is looking for a graduate intern to join their team to help improve their online presence to better attract international and domestic customers. The intern will work on increasing local trade through social media exposure. To do this they will be responsible for devising a strategy for social media and training staff members on social media management accordingly.
Your main task will include:
- Reviewing the website
- Presenting improvements for website
- Implementing website development
- Reviewing website hosting and costs
- Developing a marketing plan
- Defining a social media strategy
- Implementing and managing the social media presence on all platforms
- Training staff in social media submissions/updates
- Observing the effective impact of social media programs, and studying, evaluating and reporting on the effectiveness of these campaigns
- Monitoring competitor activity on website and social media
- Monitoring current trends in social media tools, and applications
- Producing a social media policy for the company
- Assessing and reviewing the online booking presence of the business
- Conducting website analysis and improving internet ranking through search engines etc
- Production of brochures, leaflets and other printed material.
The ideal candidate will be creative and confident with excellent communication skills including the ability to write accurate copy. You will be well organised and self-motivated with a strong attention to detail.
You should have a good experience of computer packages suitable for website design ie wordpress. Candidates should have in-depth knowledge of all social media platforms. The ability to work to budgetary constraints and deadlines is a must. You must be comfortable working in close liaison with management. Good business awareness and flexible attitude to work is required. As this post involves home-working, you are required to have your own computer and access to a phone and internet connection.
Closing date for applications is 20 April 2015, 5pm
Please submit a CV and brief covering letter through the Adopt an Intern online application form on our website. All applications must be submitted by 5pm on the closing date. State a. your availability and b. relevant information on your skills/experience pertaining to the job spec. We do NOT accept e-mail applications unless otherwise stated.
This Adopt an Intern funded internship has been made possible through the financial support of the European Regional Development Fund (ERDF) with match funding from the Scottish Government. It is part of a "Business Growth Programme" supporting the third sector, micro businesses and SMEs and contributes to our wider focus of boosting economic stability by investing in graduates. These are paid, meaningful, capacity-building internships, with monitored outcomes.