£18,000 per annum (pro rata)
Full-time, 6 month fixed term contract
Start date: 7 January 2019
Closing Date: 18 December 2018, noon
Interview Date: w/c 17 December 2018
About the Company
The Scottish Institute for Enterprise (SIE) is the national organisation for the promotion and support of enterprise and entrepreneurship in Scotland’s students. SIE works with universities and colleges to champion enterprise education and help their students start new innovative businesses. Since 2000, SIE has provided free one-to-one advice, enterprise workshops and business competitions supported by a national team of student interns and business advisors. SIE’s services are open to all students and graduates in Scotland, up to two years after graduation. SIE is supported by the Scottish Funding Council and Scottish Enterprise and is part of the Scotland CAN DO framework.
Working closely with and reporting to the Marketing & Communications Manager to support the implementation of the marketing communications strategy. The role will have a particular focus on producing digital content and encouraging student engagement.
Responsibilities will include, but not be limited to:
Copywriting and Production
• Web copy – providing additional pages for the SIE website when required
• Ensuring website is up‐to‐date, including events, vacancies, competition updates, news stories etc.
• Assist with copywriting for promotional pieces when required
• Other key project management tasks as required
• Routine environmental monitoring
• Ad hoc market research projects when required to support marketing decisions
Social Media Support
• Contribute to and action a monthly social media plan
• Daily maintenance of the company social media channels to achieve agreed goals
• Monitor social media activity & complete monthly reports
• Create & co‐ordinate digital content
• Co‐ordinate and send monthly e‐newsletters
• Social media training, monitoring & reporting intern social media activity
• Ad design/content design work as required
• Case study generation
• Provide marketing support and materials to internal
The ideal candidate will be educated to degree level in a marketing related subject or be able to demonstrate an interest in marketing or digital creative work. The candidate will have efficient organisational skills and be able to work under their own initiative. They will have stamina and resilience and the ability to work well under pressure. The candidate will be articulate and have confidence in their ability to create and disseminate messages that appeal to a wide audience using a variety of formats across the popular current social media channels. This will include some basic video work.
To be successful in this role, you will:
• Be a team player, though happy to work autonomously when required.
• Have Strong written skills and a confident writer. Able to adapt communications to suit different audiences.
• Have Excellent attention to detail
• Have Strong knowledge and experience of working with Facebook, Twitter etc, ideally in a business or promotional context
• Have Strong Microsoft Office skills i.e. Word, Excel, PowerPoint
• Have some knowledge of Adobe packages e.g. Illustrator, Photoshop, particularly digital & video editing
• Have Strong organisational/time management skills and the ability to work under pressure
• Be educated to degree level, ideally able to demonstrate some relevant experience
Closing date for applications is 18 December 2018, 12 noon.
Interviews will be held w/c 17 December 2018.
Please submit a CV and brief covering letter through the AAI online application form on our website. All applications must be submitted by noon on the closing date. State a. your availability and b. relevant information on your skills/experience pertaining to the job spec. We do NOT accept e-mail applications unless otherwise stated.
Please confirm your eligibility to work in the UK.APPLY