£20,000 - £24,000 per annum (depending on experience)
Start date: January 2020
Closing date: 19 November 2019, 12 noon
Interview date: w/c 2 December 2019
This is a unique opportunity to join a dynamic young company at an exciting stage of growth, with huge potential to grow personally and professionally with the company.
- The AAI Team
About the Company
"Fresh Car Valeting is a mobile car care platform servicing Edinburgh and Glasgow with plans to go UK wide within a couple of years. We built an innovative new way for people to manage their car care. Through our APP, customers will be able to book mobile car valets, manage their tyres, oil, screenwash, see when servicing is due, keep a record of any repairs, manage road-tax and have access to a number of referal partners.
The company started in 2015 initially as a university project but quickly grew arms and legs forcing Sam to leave university within 6 months. For the first year Sam, the founder, cleaned every car himself. This gave him a great knowledge of the industry and helped drive Fresh to a team of 15 turning over £350,000 annually by year 3.
Most recently, we gained funding to finish our APP which will include software that automates our bookings and makes it much easier to manage our network of operators. The release date is January 2020.
The plan for the next few years is to build our operator network from 10 to 300, dominating the mobile car care space in the UK and helping hundreds of local people to run their own successful businesses through our franchise system."
The company has enjoyed tremendous growth in the last four years, complemented by a win at Scottish EDGE Round 14 in June 2019 and is currently based in the RBS Entrepreneurial Accelerator.
More information about the company can be found at www.freshcarvaleting.com
A rare opportunity has arisen for a hungry, ambitious candidate who wants to join Fresh in a hybrid role covering marketing, business development and nurturing franchise partnerships.
You will be responsible for daily marketing and outreach operations including, social media content and fostering PR opportunities.
Your responsibilities will include, but not be limited to:
• Identifying and nurturing franchise partnership opportunities
• Contacting clients and prospective clients by phone and email
• Marketing campaign support and delivery - online and offline
• Coordinating social media content
• Social media channel management
• Conducting industry/market research
• Attending relevant events for networking and business purposes
• Preparing proposals, reports, presentations and correspondence as needed
• Brainstorming new, creative approaches to business growth
As with any startup position, there will also be ad hoc administrative and operational responsibilities as the business grows.
This is a truly unique opportunity to join the company at an exciting stage of growth. You will be a key member of the team going forward and will be able to grow in the role and develop yourself personally and professionally and a review of responsibilities and salary is expected after an initial 3-month probationary period.
The ideal candidate will be an outgoing and organised individual, capable of managing their own time and workload in a busy, but supportive team.
This role would suit someone with a real willingness to grow and learn in the post. You must be able to demonstrate strong digital marketing skills and that you are well versed in the use of social media and online media channels as marketing tools.
There will be a sales/client relationship development element to this role, so candidates who are presentable, personable and confident on the phone and in person, with excellent written and oral English, would be preferable.
Essential skills and experience required for this role:
• The ability to learn quickly and a can-do attitude
• A positive mindset and readiness to work hard
• A proven track record of achieving goals & targets
• Interest/Experience in startups and entrepreneurship
• Excellent attention to detail
• Excellent communication skills, both written and verbal
• Ability to manage own workload
• Excellent time management and organisation skills
Desirable skills and experience required for this role:
• Videography and graphic design knowledge
• Experience in B2B sales
• Strong working knowledge of sales strategy and building and managing client relationships
• Experience managing CRM systems
• Driving licence
Apply for this opportunity if:
• You’re ambitious. Working in a rapidly growing startup there will be opportunities to prove yourself indispensable and move up the ranks
• You are a creative out-the-box thinker
• You believe in collaboration and building relationships
You may apply for this role regardless of your academic background, so long as you can demonstrate in your covering letter that you are a passionate self-starter, ready to embrace opportunity and make an impact in this dynamic young company. Experience in Marketing, Sales, Customer Service or Business Studies would be advantageous.
If you have any questions about this role or the organisation please contact firstname.lastname@example.org. Please do not under any circumstances contact the employer directly as doing so may negatively impact your employment opportunity.
Closing date for applications is 19 November, 12 noon.
Interviews will be held on week commencing 2 December 2019.
Please submit a CV and tailored Cover Letter through the Adopt An Intern online application form on our website.
Examples of what we expect in an application can be found HERE. All applications must be submitted by 12 noon on the closing date. State A) your availability and B) relevant experience and demonstrate how your skills match the specific requirements of the job description.
We do NOT accept email applications unless otherwise stated.
Successful candidates must, by the start of the employment, have permission to work in the UK.